Then

A/N Heyyy!!!!! It snowed where I live when I started writing this. Like, really pretty, Winter Wonderland snow. So of course, I needed to make a snow chapter. Hope y'all like this fluff!!!
LOGAN IS 9 IN THIS AND PATTON IS 8.

(I'll try to hold in my inner angst demon 😉)

Enjoy!!!!

10.)

"Oh dear, that's...a lot of snow."

"Yeah, no shit."

Virgil's deadpan was laced with an anxious tone that Emile recognized almost immediately. He gave his friend a goofy smile. "It's alright! Katara and Sokka had to deal with way worse when living in the water nation!"

"We're not cartoons, Picani!" Virgil exclaimed, glaring at the large white puffs that fell from the sky.

Emile blinked, like he didn't understand. "Well, I'm sure we can do...something! We're near the city!"

"The city is an hour away! We're nearer to the State Park than we are to our homes." Virgil crossed his arms, shivering, even under his thick winter coat.

They were driving back from a day of winter hiking at a nearby State Park known for its natural beauty. It had been Logan's idea. And though the forecast warned of a blizzard, the group had decided it was worth the risk.

After all, Logan never suggested anything. He was always so reserved, and usually only tagged along with the others without opinion. If Logan showed interest in something, the group would be sure to indulge him just to try and make him peek out of his shell.

Of course, that always got them into situations like this one.

Emile didn't stop driving in fear that the car might not move afterwards. The snow was about two feet deep already and the empty road they traveled down wound through a dark forest. Getting stuck in the middle of nowhere was not ideal.

Emile glanced back at Remy and Remus, who sat in the back seat. Remy was fast asleep (even though it was only 6pm) and Remus was jamming out to music on his headphones. The chaos was normal for him, he was alright with it.

Roman, Patton, Logan and Janus were right behind them in Janus's black van. It was more room-y so they all decided it was probably better for the kids to ride in it. Not that they caused any trouble, but it made the adults feel responsible to make such a decision.

Emile looked back at the road in front of him. He had to admit, even he was starting to get a little nervous. They had no way to get any help and the storm just seemed to be getting worse.

It was getting so bad, in fact, that a minute later, Emile's car lurched forward and growled to a stop. Virgil cursed with vehemence, gripping the arms on of his seat until his knuckles were white.

Remy snorted awake at the violent movement and shook his head to try and clear it. "Uh, wha-what happened? Whywestop?" He slurred, rubbing his eyes under his shades. Emile found that cool about him, he was like a cartoon character! Even if it was inconvenient, Remy still wore his trademark accessories.

"The car broke down." Emile squeaked, smiling shakily. Definitely not ideal at all. He was still recovering from the spike of panic that had hit him when the car stopped.

"Whaaat?" Remus whined. He'd taken off his headphones and was frowning out the window. "That sucks! How are we gonna get home?"

Emile didn't have an answer, and from the looks of it, neither did Virgil. Remy, however, seemed to still be registering something. Emile watched as something dawned on him and wondered what it was.