[47] Potters

For Sirius and Aisling, the remainder of their time at Hogwarts passed in a blur of newly-wedded bliss. The same couldn't be said for their friends, who seemed to be finding it most inconvenient that their dormitory and primary smoking spot had been commandeered and turned into a honeymoon suite. 

“Why can’t you just go to The Room Of Requirement, like you used to?” James groaned one evening, after Aisling and Sirius had fallen through the dormitory door locked at the mouth for the fourth time that day. 

“We didn’t think anyone was in here, sorry.” Sirius said, not looking even slightly sorry. 

“We’ll only be a minute.” Aisling said, her arms wrapped around Sirius’ shoulders. 

“Only a minute?!” Sirius exclaimed, pushing her behind the hangings and yanking them shut behind him. “You cheeky bitch.” 

There was a considerable amount of giggling, followed by the ghostly, hollow silence which meant that a silencing charm had been cast on the curtains. 

“I can’t enjoy this,” Lily held up the joint in her hand, “when I know they’re in there doing that.” 

“Oh, aren’t you used to it by now?” Alice shrugged. “They’re happy, just let them get on with it.” 

“Pervert.” Remus remarked, snatching the joint away from Lily. 

Later that night, Aisling and Sirius lay huddled beneath his sheets, discussing what life had in store for them after Hogwarts. 

“I mean, I don’t actually technically have anywhere to live.” Aisling said quietly, tangling her fingers in Sirius’ silky black hair. “It’s not like I can go and live with my parents again, I don’t even know where they live these days.” 

“We can go to the Potters’ for a few weeks, until we’ve found somewhere of our own.” Sirius replied. 

“I guess, I’d feel bad though.” She said. 

“Nah, they love you.” 

“They’ve met me once.” Aisling said, rolling her eyes at him. 

“Yeah, but they love me. And I love you. So they love you.” Sirius said, very simply, as if that closed the matter. 

“Anyway, I don’t have a lot of savings.” Aisling continued. “Surely it will take more than a few weeks to save up enough money to be able to rent a flat?” 

“Aisling, I’m disgustingly rich.” Sirius said, rolling his eyes. 

“I thought you were….er-” 

“Disinherited?” Sirius finished the sentence for her. “Yeah, I was. But there’s nothing my parents can do about the money that’s already in my Gringotts vault. No matter how hard they tried.” 

He paused, an uncharacteristically ugly look passing swiftly over his handsome features. 

“Money that I inherited from my grandparents, aunts and uncles and stuff.” He went on. “That was all already in there, that’s all still mine.” 

“Oh, right…” 

“And I don’t want to rent.” He added. “I want us to have our own place, somewhere that’s just ours.” 

“Right…” 

“What’s wrong?” He asked, gazing at her concernedly. 

“Nothing.” 

“Liar.” 

“Am not.” 

“What’s wrong?”