chapter 36

Happys pov

"Sooo about them smores?" Kenz said after a few minutes

Her friend laughed "I, well we, have everything in the house to make some."

Before she was done with the sentence Kenz jumped up. "Come on prospect you can help carry shit." She was gone before I could even get up. "I'll be back. Oh hotdogs. Yeah we need those too." She said to herself.

I turned to her friend shit what is her name? "So uh Winter tell me about that asshole you shot." All my brothers got serious and listened in.

"Uh. Fuck me. They dated when we were in school still after numb nuts over there." She glared at Joey "what do you want to know? He was abusive as fuck, to be a teenager too. Legitimate psycho. She finally figured out a way to ditch him right as we graduated. He threatened her, hell everyone she knew but she didn't go back. He stalked her for a while but one night she went on a date and he got mad. Broke into our house while I was at work and beat the hell out of her, left her laying in our kitchen for hours just bleeding. From what the cops said by the crime scene she was laying there for atleast six hours before I got home. I thought she was dead." She took a deep breath "Mack, she uh was in a coma for a week. They really didn't think she was going to survive. Hell they still don't know how she did. She has so much internal bleeding, her brain had a few bleeds, swelling, her organs started shutting down. I told the cops who it was they put out a warrant once they confirmed his blood was at the scene and his DNA was under her nails and all over her. Bastard fled as soon as they put his name and picture out. They listed breaking and entering, rape, assault and attempted murder as his charges. I didnt leave the hospital, they took her for tests and I walked with her. Between her family and I, two of us was in the room the whole time. If I wasnt with her for treatment or in her room I was either getting food in the cafeteria or walking up and down the steps. It was the longest week of my life. She finally woke up and I knew she would be alright when she had the damn nerve to tell me that I looked horrible and needed a shower. When she woke up she said he didnt rape her just beat on her. I think she just said that so her family wouldn't know or feel bad about it, it wouldn't have been the first time but she doesn't like people knowing shit about what she's gone through."

I was mad. I didnt even know Kenz back then but just thinking about my girl going through that tore me apart. She's been through so much shit, knowing this just made me respect her even more. Fuck even love her more than I already do. I just want to keep her in a fucking bubble and keep her from hurting ever again.

"The fuck you mean. The first time." Josh hollered

She shrugged "Mack didnt tell me till after she healed. I guess since she had sex with him before it was like his given right when ever he wanted. Fucking sick. But by that point I think she was just so fucking terrified of him she wasn't worried about herself. I mean shit back when you or Joey would say shit to him for shit and she told yall to stop he threatened to kill yall, and make her watch. He built her up, broke her down, isolated her, made her think no one cared and basically threatened everyone she cared about. Hell one time a kid a fucking kid I mean like a ten, maybe twelve year old said he liked her hoodie and asked where she got it. He flipped out and forced her to leave the store. Threatend to kill the kid right there in front of his parents. After that she changed I think she realized no matter what he'd threaten anyone over anything and one day he was going to kill her, she knew he wouldn't care about the consequences. I think what finally done it was thinking she was pregnant. She told me she couldn't ever imagine a poor innocent kid having that for a parent. She didnt want to be tied to him for life, she didnt want her possible kid to go through the abuse she did so she never told him and broke up with him. She had to quit her job and moved out of her parents house and in with me. That's when she told me everything. We kept guns everywhere in the house, our cars, on us, the garage. He must have really got her good with the first hit and just kept going to keep her stunned cause she was just a few feet from a gun. She said she doesn't remember the attack. Almost a year after that is when she met her husband. It took her a while to get used to someone that actually cared and wanted to spend time with her without some bullshit. She tried to push him away but he didn't give up. I swear that man and their kids were the best thing to ever happen to Mackenzie, no offense Happy."