Part 8

Present. They both graduated university.

Jimin's POV

I was at the reunion now. The one that Namjoon said that I couldn't run away from.

Yes, Jungkook was here too.

And he was walking directly towards me right now.

Should I run?

But I just got here ten minutes ago!

"Hey," Jungkook sat on the empty seat by my side and scooted even closer towards me.

Our side touched as he settled down and I tried to keep my face straight so that he didn't realize how the touch unexpectedly still made my heart beating fast.

"Hi," giving him a smile like I wasn't affected at all, I jolted in my seat when he placed a hand on my thigh, while the other went around behind my seat.

What is he doing?!

"It's been a long time, huh?" his low voice sounded like a whisper at how close he was and I held in a breath when I was met with his sharp gaze.

Those once cute doe eyes were now giving me such a dangerous stare that made me have goosebumps all over my body.

"I-It has. Five years, isn't it?" trying to scoot away so that his hand left my thigh, I sucked in my breath when he tightened his grip, preventing me from moving away.

We were in a club, so there's no one who cared about others in here.

They were all enjoying themselves, whether dancing like a maniac or drinking while laughing happily like an intoxicated person will.

"I heard you're making a lot of money now," Jungkook popped up the question out of nowhere and I frowned at that.

"Are you drunk?" asking the boy, I bit my inner cheek when he chuckled low.

His voice got even deeper.

"One drink is not enough to make me drunk,"

"Please let go. I thought you have fiancé, or wife now? Husband?" I said, never forgetting about that one fact even for one second.

"How're your parents?" he asked, totally changing the subject from my question and I huffed out an annoyed sigh.

"Stop this, Jeon" pushing his hands off me, I tried to stand up to get away but Jungkook stopped me by holding onto my wrist and pulled me to sit back.

"I'm not engaged anymore, I cut off the engagement the last day of high school," he suddenly told, but I didn't know what was the point he told me that.

"Okay, so?" raising one of my eyebrows at the man, he smirked as he tilted his head at me.

Is he trying to be cute or seductive?

He was doing both though.

"Ask me why," he said, the smirk stayed on his face as his hand searched for mine.

Knowing his intention of wanting to hold my hand, I prevented it from happening by using both my hands to hold my phone, opening random apps.

"Why?" without removing my eyes from the phone screen, I just went with his request, hoping that he'd go away faster if I didn't show too much resistance.

"Because of you. And that's also the reason why I was sent abroad. Because my parents were afraid that I'd come find you and get into the same university as you are," he told, and my fingers froze from scrolling through the social feed.