{Chapter 1}

End the Day with Violence
[POSSIBLE TRIGGERS: Fighting, yelling & swearing, panic/panic attack]
Rewritten & edited! ✔️

It had been months since Dream had been locked up for good. Those months were filled with rivers of tears, lots of hugs, and many long nights of paranoia that the masked maniac would break out. Sam has promised up and down that he would never break out of Pandora's Vault. He would make sure of it.

It was just another day on the SMP. At least, as normal as it would ever get, with people rebuilding and recovering (physically and mentally) all around. Some of these people now lived in a single household. Tommy and Tubbo were playing a board game in the sitting area, while Ranboo sat in a loveseat, legs crossed while reading a book. His memory book was underneath one of his legs, safely tucked away from prying eyes. Puffy was in the kitchen, cooking a meal for the makeshift family, and Sam was at the prison.

He was currently keeping a watchful eye on Dream. He was endlessly taunted about the fact that Pandora's Vault was supposed to be for Tommy, and that one day he'd get his end goal. He thinks it's hilarious. Thankfully, Sam didn't have to be there for very long. He departed from the cell area, going down to the main room. He grabbed his satchel and slung it over his shoulders, then grabbed his Creeper-patterned cloak and flung it around his shoulders, snapping the clasps together. Sam swiftly left the prison, not wanting to be there any longer.

The walk home felt grueling and slow, legs trudging through the tall grasses in what felt like slow-motion. He clutched the handle of his sword, which was in its sheath on his waist. He didn't know why he felt so anxious. He just had a horrible gut-feeling. Sam's heart pounded in his chest, and he picked up his pace. Once his home was in sight, he ran to the front door and grasped the doorknob, but stopped. He took a few deep breaths, and then opened the door as calmly as possible.

"Sam's home!" A familiar British voice yelled nearby.

"Indeed, I am." The Creeper hybrid said, forcing a chuckle as he closed the door behind him.

"Puffy's making dinner." Ranboo said calmly, not looking up from his book.

Now that the Enderman hybrid mentioned it, he could smell Puffy's cooking from the kitchen nearby. He thought the horrible feeling would leave him once he was home, but it remained. He quickly took off his cloak, hanging it up on the coat hanger next to the door, and toed off his boots next to Tubbo's bee-themed converse. He quickly walked into the kitchen, taking his mask off and letting it hang off his neck. He saw the sheep hybrid making two pots of different stews for the family. One had rabbit stew, and the other has mushroom stew. She turned from the stews, a small smile on her lips.

"Welcome home Sam." She said, then turning back to stir the brownish liquid, "Did anything happen?"

"He's still taunting me." The Creeper hybrid said quietly, bowing his head and crossing his arms, "It's like he can't stop draining people's sanity."

Puffy glanced back at her friend, a frown on her face, worried for him. She looked back at the stew, not wanting to accidentally burn it. They were silent for a while, the only noise being the sheep hybrid's cooking. There was a bout of laughter from the sitting area, prompting Sam to look up. He smiled, seeing Tommy chasing Tubbo around their board game while Ranboo laughed from the loveseat. He looked over at Puffy, seeing her pour the two stews in bowls.

"Dinner's ready!" She yelled to the three teens.

The boys stopped laughing, being replaced by footsteps running to the kitchen where the delicious smells originated. The family took their respective bowls, and went to sit at the wooden table. Tommy and Tubbo sat opposite of each other, with Ranboo sitting next to the ram hybrid and Sam sitting next to the blonde. Puffy sat at one end of the table. The boys talked and laughed as they ate, with the two adults chiming in every once in a while. Once everyone was done, they set their dishes and utensils in the sink. It was becoming dark outside, meaning hostile mobs would come out of their shadowed and damp homes to terrorize the players.