Consequences of Past

The room was quiet as everyone just sat at the round table. The room was small and had only a round table and enough chairs for all the current occupants could sit.

"Well then, would either of you two care to explain?" Nezu asks the two students. Izuku shifts in his seat as he looks anywhere but anyone in the room. Bakugou stares down at the table. Mitsuki was in shock. She couldn't believe her son would bully Izuku. Yeah, he was brash but never did she think he would go as low as bulling.

"If you two prefer, I could do some digging of my own. And believe me when I say if I want to know something, I will. It's just a matter of time. Now you two could either shine some light on this matter, and I might consider your opinion on the matter, or I will learn the truth on my own and Will deal with it as I see fit." Nezu says with his usual smile. Though he seems to relax, if one were to look close enough, you could see the flames of rage burning in his eyes. Both students flinch at this. They know for a fact that Nezu was serious. One does not simply cross Nezu without being caught in his crossfire.

"Izuku, please." Izuku practically jumped out of his seat when he heard how miserable his mother sounded. He looks at her and immediately regrated it. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. Her eyes screamed hurt, sadness, and worse of all, regret. He never wanted to worry about his mother. But it seems he couldn't even do that right.

"I..I.." Izuku choked on the words as tears poured from his eyes.

"It's true." all heads turned to face the speaker. They all looked at Bakugou, who spoke calmly for the first time.

"Would you please elaborate, young Bakugu?" Nezu practically orders him to rather than ask.

"When we turned four, I got a quirk; De-Izku didn't. The adults all praised me, saying things like I will be an amazing hero or how I was destined for greatness. Meanwhile, they practically ignored Dek, I mean Izuku. One day we went to the park near our place, where the nerd and a couple of the neighborhood kids decided to follow me deeper into the park. We stumble upon an old log bridge. I feel in. I was fine since the fall was small and the water was shallow. Then the nerd had to have come down and see if I needed help. He had to come and look down at me and see if I needed help like some weakling. I shoved him out of my way, and it went downhill from there." Bakugou says. Nezu looked at the detective, who nodded, confirming everything to be true.

"What happened afterward, young Bakugou?" All Might asks. Bakugo proceeded to tell them how from then on, every time Izuku got in his way or defied him, he would bully him. How all the teachers ignored his cry for help, how everyone else did it as well. How adults that knew he was quirkless didn't bother to even look at him when he was hurt. How everyone called him Deku, which meant worthless. This whole time Izuku looked down in same. He hated how his past was brought up. That everyone knew he was quirkless for most of his life. How weak he is, how worthless he is. Inko wasn't holding up any better. Crying since the beginning. She felt like a failure of a mother. Even when she knew something was up, she believed him when he said everything was fine. Of course, she's called the school before when her son was hurt, but they always say it's just boys being boys or how they'll take care of it. She already regretted what she said all those years back, but now.

'I'm a failure of a mother. I have no right to call myself that after failing my baby for so long.' Inko thought. As if reading her mind, Izuku hugs her. She looks at him to see him staring back at her with a small smile. She knew that look. The one that's screams, everything will be alright, I'm alright. But for once, it wasn't enough to drive away from the negative thoughts.

"Is there anything else you wish to share?" Nezu asks. He had a sneaking suspicion the worse has yet to come. Both boys froze. They shrunk under the intense look of Nezu. They both knew that there was still one more thing. Something they both knew would be the straw that broke the camel's back.