Digging the Past

Third Person POV

After spending all her day making sure there were no loose ends resulting from her sudden rise to the throne, confronting the Hundred Devouring Families and almost kissing a girl, a very beautiful one in fact, (Y/N) was not only physically but emotionally exhausted. This exhaustion was reflected in her current position, sitting on the couch of her living room with her elbow resting on the coffee table letting her head rest on her hand while her eyes were closed; for the other part, her clothing was a mess, she got rid of her coat and her blouse was wrinkled with three detached buttons and the bow that was supposed to accompany the uniform was nowhere to be seen.

Of course, Alexa took notice of this and prepared (Y/N) her favorite tea which was now being carried by the adopted sister and being settled in front of (Y/N) on the coffee table.

"Thank you" (Y/N) said briefly before grabbing the cup of tea, resting her back completely on her couch and drinking a little from it, immediately relaxing her muscles the moment the hot liquid went down her throat.

"Do you want to talk?" Alexa asked, sitting beside (Y/N), her concern being visible through her words.

(Y/N) sighed before answering. "Tell me today's summary first"

Alexa nodded. "Today was another successful day; our company is expanding all across Asia, we're getting new investors each day and even some governments have decided to support us in exchange of helping their economies through private investment, if we continue like this, we will be planning our expansion into the Middle West, Anatolia, Northern Africa and Southeastern Europe by next week"

"And Oceania?"

"We're doing well against Alexander... we haven't grown in the same level as in the Asian continent but so far we're winning on that front" Alexa saw how a little smile formed in the pretender's lips. "Now tell me, what happened that got you so tired?"

"Apart from the initial resistance from the Dick Devouring Families..." A small blush tainted (Y/NN's cheeks leaving Alexa confused beyond imagination. "...Riri and I almost kissed"

"K-Kissed?!" Alexa's expression changed from confused to surprised in a millisecond. "You?! You almost kiss someone?! I thought you weren't into that!"

"I was not... At least that's what I thought before Riri started leaning into me and I couldn't make my body move in any direction..."

"Wait?!" You are a bottom?!" Now Alexa was even more surprised, for the other part (Y/N) looked towards Alexa offended of her supposition.

"I'm most definitely not! I was just surprised!" (Y/N) shook her head before staring at her reflection through the tea in her cup. "There's also the fact that Mary confessed to me..."

"Saotome-san confessed to you?!"

"Can you stop being surprised in people showing interest in me?!"

"I'm sorry, it's just that... you know... you are frightening and intimidating towards everyone... I didn't imagine anyone except that crazy girl... Hikari? ...Was into being dominated like that" (Y/N) looked towards Alexa with a brow raised.

"I've also showed them kindness..." Suddenly, Alexa understood the whole context of what was happening.

"So, they are all important to you" (Y/N) looked away blushing since she has been discovered. "That's surprising, I didn't expect you to have romantic dilemmas all of a sudden, but for the other part, I'm happy that you are opening your heart to the possibility of having a girlfriend"

"There's much to be done before fully embracing that necessity" (Y/N) took another sip from her tea. "But before that, I want to see Mother once again, I need to pass some time with her and think about the future"

"I'll schedule it for tomorrow morning" (Y/N) nodded. "Then you can tell Mother how much of a closet bottom you are"

"I'll kill you... I'll really kill you" Both of them laughed after that exchange of words.

Time skip: The Next Morning

(Y/N) was walking alone through the small path in the woods with her mother's grave as her destination. She was wearing that white dress, blue cardigan and white flats that remembered her of her mother, as well as her mother's ring. In her hands, she carried a bouquet of white roses, her mother's favorite flowers.

She was really serious about this. This situation she has put herself in was surrounded by unexplored territory. Never in her life (Y/N) experimented this kind of feelings, desire accompanied by overflowing affection. Of course, she had small crushes along her life, all on girls, that's how she discovered she was into that and obviously, the experiences she had with men didn't make her keen on the other sex. But this feeling was completely new, but to which girls of all the ones that surround her on a daily life was directed to... she had no idea.

That's why she was here, to "discuss" with her mother about this situation. All she needed to have right now, is peace and tranquility, something her mother's grave gave her, which she considered strange since it was supposed to give her sadness and grieve. Maybe it was the fact that she felt her mother close to her whenever she was here, as if she made this place her home, after all, her mother always wanted a cabin in the woods to pass time with her daughters and this was the closest Alexander could gave her after her death, since, in his words, no woman of his will be living on a messy cabin when he could give her a mansion.

Unfortunately for her, the sense of peace this place gave her immediately changed when she finally arrived at her destination.

All she could see was the tomb destroyed into pieces and the place her mother was supposed to be dug up leaving an empty hole.

(Y/N) immediately let the roses fall to the ground as she ran to be closer to the destroyed grave, noticing a folded piece of paper taped on what remained of the tomb. With her heart beating so fast that it could easily escape from her ribcage and tears flowing down as if they were waterfalls, she got the piece of paper, unfolded it and read its contents before falling with her knees on the ground.

Dear Uehara (Y/N),

I've noticed your movements, you are expanding fast, faster than I could ever expected, but you underestimate me. You were being this fair-play kind of woman, thinking that with this mundane strategy you could take the fight up to me, that means that I didn't teach you as well as I thought.

There is no fair-play in this world, every game is rigged and manipulated by someone's hands, my hands. Your strategy was just too pure, too innocent, too complex... Mine, all I need is to bring my loved ones close to me... Your mother, my sweet Rose, the woman that was taken away from me by that parasite you call sister, she deserves to be next to me, not next to her problematic child, so I'm taking her with me so I can give her all she ever needs and shower her with my love, even in the afterlife.

From now on, I'll give you no mercy, I'll treat as I treat every rival and you more than anyone should know this is only a small part of what I can do to make you surrender... So, I suggest you do and give me all you have achieved so far, including your surname and adopt that filthy family name your mother used to have before me, with that, you will no longer be recognized as mine and I'll leave you alone for the rest of your miserable poor life... If you fail to listen and decide to continue... then say goodbye to every person you hold dearly.

Sincerely, Alexander (L/N)

"Father, Dear Father..." (Y/N) looked to the hole, a smile forming in her lips as her eyes turned into a blood-shot red. "Thank you for you have helped me digging your own tomb..."

(Y/N) stood up and inhaled deeply before deciding to get away from this place.