The Visitor at night

Late after midnight, the snow was heavily falling under the Seoul's sky on the 25th of December. In a moderate size apartment, silence was to be expected at this hour. And yet two voices could still be heard from the living room.

"You grow your hair again....." said a woman with pristine doe eyes, hands busying over the decorated Christmas tree.

"You like it this way? ". The man smiled and talked quietly.

"You know I always envied your hair and your skin" She replied no chalantly.

"And I always like your "Miss Korea" body shape." He smiled and teased her lightly.
She, on the contrary didn't take his joke and became quiet. He tried to change the subject.

"How are you , and .. the kids..?"

"Fine, we are a bit busy this week and Min Hyeok was sick and was hospitalized last week."

"How was he now?"

"He is fine now, kids got flu easily."

"You could have called me..."

"We were fine these 6 years when we decided that their dad is going away for work and won't be back for a long time and we will be fine from now too."

She cut him in an authoritative voice. He looked at her wistfully trying to plea but he stopped himself. He knew he has no right and could not ask for more than she allows.

"How about you? Chae Yoon."

"I am good. Don't worry." She did not dare looking back at him, turned back trying to look busy on the decorative things on the tree.

" Where are they going to send you next? I heard you were very successful in infiltrating in North Korea intelligence"
She asked while contemplating his answer will be another heartbreaking one.

" I am not going anywhere outside the country for a while. The contract I dealt with them when they allowed me for probation termed this year." He replied.

" I am glad to hear that. Congratulations..."
She looked away and trying to hang the small red ball on the higher branch of the tree.

"Here, let me help." He took the ball from her hand and reached out, his body dangerously closed to her face.
She almost smells the musky scent of him, almost gets drowned into him.

"Chae Yoon, I .." His word hung in mid-sentence, the air around them felt heavy.

Nobody dares to do anything until she speaks.

"It's snowing and will be much cold later, you should leave while you can. You can leave the door open when you leave. I will lock it later."

She turned away from him.

She knew she could do it.
Let him out like he always did, when he was gone, months, years of him with no contact or no information on him whatsoever.