Chapter 5

Michelle, focus. Two more challenges to go. Then, it'll be over, Michelle thought as she washes her hair with her favorite shampoo. She finished her shower and put on her clothes, waiting for her dad to come home. He needs to be home soon, she already prepared dinner.

She sat down on her bed to relax her muscles after a long bath until she heard her phone rang. She picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" She asked hesitantly. The voice was recognizable.

"Ms Fairchild, ready for the next one?" He asked. The man...

"Yes, what is the theme?"

"The next theme is more to, soft. Anything that feel comfortable." He said with a smirk.

"Very well, can it be something you can sleep with?" Michelle asked, taking notes.

"Of course. Huh? Ah, my son is calling me, though he looked more sad than he already is. Remember why you're doing this, Michelle. I did this not just for my satisfaction, but also for my son and someone he cared most." He said. Michelle can feel a slight sorrow form it. The voice... She can hear a boy's voice. It sounds familiar.

"Father, I prepared it. What else you want me to do?"

"That's all you need, son. Go to your room. We'll have dinner later."

"See you then, Father."

The voice is faint, yet it holds a lot of emotions. She needs to find out who's the boy? Yeah...

"I should be hanging up now, see you tomorrow night Michelle. Also, the voice you heard, don't take him seriously." He said and hung up. Michelle sighed and walked towards the living room. She saw her sister and her parents talking to her father. How nice. Julia looked at her and smiled.

"Michelle, how are you right now?" She asked. Michelle nod.

"Good, for now. I got a new theme and a new clue on who's the hitchhiker who tried to stop me." She said, eating her meal. Julia nod.

"What's the theme?"

"Anything soft. I have some plans so it should be fine. And the voice of the boy I heard... He sounds familiar. I bet he's the hitchhiker." She said. She still can't help with the voice she heard. It's so familiar...

"Michelle. Your food is gonna get cold." Her real mother said. Her adoptive mother died when she was around 10 so it was sad to listen to another mother's voice.

"Oh, sorry Ms. Cooper. I'll finish it now." She said and finished her food fast. She then walked towards her bedroom and video called her friends.

"Hey, girls. I need some inspiration for the next designs. Before that, how's dinner?" She asked as she sketch some designs on her sketchbook.

"I didn't eat dinner yet, my mom is still cooking so I'm gonna wait first." Tasha said, writing some songs on her notebook. Lilith shook her head.

"Tasha, you need to eat every now and then. I ate some ramen since it's the only thing we have left." She said and twisting something from her gadgets.

"Anyways, what's the theme, Michelle?" Tasha asked. Michelle nod.

"It's something soft... Like pillow?" She said. Pillow... Light fabric might work.

"I see, how about night time gown? It's perfect for sleeping and maybe styling a bit for fashion." Lilith suggested and her gadget exploded. The other two girls were shook.

"Are you okay, Lilith?" Tasha asked. Soon, Julia came in Michelle's room.

"Michelle, I heard some big noises just now. What happen?" She asked, coming closer to her computer. She saw Lilith in dust.

"Lilith, you okay?" She asked. Lilith nod.

"I'm good, it's a slight one. I better get cleaned up before bed. Talk to you later, Michelle." She said before hanging up.

"Me too, I better eat now. Food's done. See ya, pinkie." She smirked and hung up. Michelle sighed.

"What other designs can I do?" She asked herself as she looked at her sketches. It looked like it missing something.

"Maybe, fluff?" Julia suggested. Michelle nod.

"It might work."  She said. Julia sighed and hugged her pink hair sister with care.

"I'm sure you'll find a design suitable for the theme. You're my sister and the greatest designer I've know. Good luck. I'm heading to bed now. Don't sleep late, sis. Night." Julia said and walked towards her room. Michelle looked at the book and her eyes sparked with inspiration.

"That's it!" She said and started her designs. Yes, this should work. She started her base clothes construction and decided to add the finishing touches tomorrow.

Sam on the other hand, was laying on his bed tiredly. He looked at the ceiling, empty. Very empty. He turned around to see his phone lit up and a notification from his best friend Will. He's online now. Better text him.

Will: Hey, buddy. How are you?

Sam: Good, you?

Will: Good too. You know, me and Julia are gonna hangout tomorrow at the mall. Want something from there?

Sam: No thanks. You know my case right now.

Will: Buddy, you have to be strong. I'm still trying my best not to tell anyone about your problems. I'm your best buddy.

Sam: Thanks, Will. I'm sure it'll goes well like I planned.

Will: Totally. Oh yeah, any news wanna tell me?

Sam: It's about Michelle. Promise you won't tell anyone else about this. Not even her dad.

Will: Your secret is safe with me. What's up with it?

Sam: Well... The thing is... Michelle might not be able to win the final round.

Will: How can you be so sure?

Sam: Well, the final round is against her...

Sam: ... And my mother.