ARROWS CAN'T BREAK THROUGH IRON DOORS

THE NARNIANS FLOODED into the Courtyard, shouting chants for their country, a country they were going to take back. Catherine and Edmund watched the battle from their position on the turret, before Edmund sighed and grabbed her hand, pulling her away.

Caspian grunted as he pierced his sword into another two soldiers, looking around concerned up to the tower and noticing that his sister was no longer in the position she should have been. His mind ran wild and his breathing began to shallow, his thoughts tumbling over each other as he suddenly felt his stomach plunge to the bottom of his stomach. Where was she?

With another lunge towards a Telmarine, Caspian caught glance of Peter fighting alongside him, and shouted out during his battle. 'Peter!'

King Peter spun around at the sound of his name, furrowing his eyebrows at Caspian. For a minute upon hearing his cry, he presumed that Caspian was in trouble, that he needed his assistance or to save him from a threatening soldier. But, when he noticed the the Prince was duelling the soldier with ease and no problems at all, his confusion grew.

Caspian scoffed at his expression and cut off his enemy, panting heavily as he turned to fully face him. He passed him a pointed expression.

'Where did you send Edmund and Catherine?'

Peter's bewildered expression remained.

'What?'

'They aren't there!' Caspian furrowed his eyebrows. 'Didn't you send them somewhere?'

Peter instantly locked eyes with the tower where his brother previously was, and his expression morphed into one of rage, fear and panic.

'Edmund?' Peter began to call out, suddenly forgetting the battle he was previously involved in. 'Edmund?!'

...

CATHERINE AND EDMUND had decided to watch the battle from a less-obvious area, perching on the end of another tiled roof.

Catherine leaned forwards, preparing to slide down and perch on the balcony, where she could easily see the courtyard and defend the Narnians. As she moved forwards, an arm on her hand pushed her back down, hard.

She turned to Edmund with a confused glare, only for him to gently nudge his head in front of them, where the door had opened and a line of six Telmarine archers aimed their weapons down towards the battlefield. Catherine's eyes widened.

Instantly, Edmund licked his lips and flipped himself upon the roof, sliding down to kick one of the soldiers, who toppled from the roof and cracked his head onto the floor below. Catherine landed beside Edmund with a grunt.

Watching that they had successfully taken out one of the soldiers aiming their weapons towards Peter, Catherine grinned rakishly, humming in triumph.

Hearing the commotion and cry from a soldier falling from the roof, Caspian turned his attention upwards, where he locked eyes with his sister, blissfully unaware of the new danger she presented in. His eyes widened in realization and he called out. 'Cath!'

Catherine hears her name and her grin falters, instantly turning around to Edmund, who is staring at something behind her. She tilts her head, frowning.

'Ed?'

His face morphs into an urgent panic and he absentmindedly grabs Catherine's arm, attempting to push her behind him. Catherine looks behind her, frightened, and sees that the rest of the army of archers were staring into them, at their direction. Her heart picked up it's pace.

Edmund's movements became more flustered and urgent, and he muttered at her under his breath. 'Go, go, go, go, GO!'

He reached out to her and she ran past him, scrambling towards the door as the archers loaded their weapons and began to shoot-

Edmund pushed her forwards slightly, diving into the room just in time for them to fall onto the stone floor, Catherine landing between Edmund's legs. They spun around to face the archers and Edmund cradled her, protecting her body with his own as he stretched out one of his legs and kicked the door closed. Spears dented the iron, pricking at the metal that barricaded them.

The pair breathed heavily, their hearts pounding in their chests as they stared at the door for a few minutes before Edmund pushed her off him, gently.

'Come on.' He said, and they scrambled from the floor, running down the stairs further and further into the castle.

...

'DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING?'

Edmund grit his teeth, irritation and impatientness clawing at his tone as he hurried around endless stone corridors and floors that all looked. He was sure that for the last five minutes, he was only going in a circle.

'Do you?' He snapped back, without thinking.

Catherine took no notice of his harsh tone and smirked, triumphantly.

'I do, actually.' She replied, cheerfully. 'I think you might have forgotten that I was once locked in here for sixteen years of my life.'

Edmund froze, turning around and blushing considerably. He had, in fact, forgotten that this was her home. She lifted one of her eyebrows and smirked, taking pride in his shameful expression. Wordlessly, he gestured with his hand for her to take the lead, which she did with an indignant hum.

'Thank you, Ed.' She sang.

Edmund rolled his eyes, annoyed that he hadn't taken her side sooner, and shook his head, huffing and puffing in a slump. He lacked behind on the journey, meandering in no rush behind her. After hearing the clack of armour making their way through the corridor towards them, Catherine spun around.

'Ed!'

Edmund spun around, noticing that they were now being chased, and ran alongside her, following her as she led them up loops and around corridors in hope to find an exit. She frowned, looking around as they appeared in a blank corridor. Edmund groaned and threw his hands up in the air.

'I thought you knew your way around!'

'Of course I do!' She said, beginning to panic. 'I just wasn't thinking where I'm going when we were running from the people trying to kill us!'

Edmund purses his lips and scans his surroundings, finding the only exit to be a small opening leading up to another turret. He was starting to get sick of turrets. He nudged his head and nodded towards it.

'Cath.' He said, passing her a pointed look.

She turned back and locked their eyes together, flickering between both of his dark pools. A knowing understanding passed between them and he nodded, absentmindedly. She grabbed his hand and led him up the stairs.

AUTHORS NOTE
They're such babies together. The fact that Edmund dropped this torch because he was trying to impress her in the last chapter just screams "Aww" energy.