THE MAKINGS OF A TELMARINE KING

HOW DOES HE LOOK TO YOU?'

'Young.'

Glozelle looks over to Peter, an impressed and fond expression on his face. 'But his Majesty is doing extremely well. For his age.'

Miraz seethes at the response and Glozelle tightens the bandage around Miraz's knee, causing him to wince and glare. Glozelle takes no notice, innocently staring back towards the group in front of him.

Gently, Caspian helps take off Peter's shield, allowing him to call out in pain. At the sound, Catherine rushes to his side and crouches beside him, rubbing his hair soothingly with a panicked expression. She examines it for a few minutes before looking up to Edmund, her eyes wide and scared.

'I think it's dislocated.'

Edmund nods, calmly and gently moves her out of the way, grabbing Peter's arm and preparing to relocate it. Peter looks up at his brother with wide, hopeful eyes.

'What do you think happens back at home?' He asked, making his brother look up, their eyes meeting. 'If you die here?'

Die. Die.

The thought hadn't crossed Edmund's mind, a fictional word like death having no real connotations. But as Peter looked up at him with panicked, doe-like eyes, he felt his throat constrict, drying quickly. He didn't respond.

'You know, you've always been there.' Peter began, softly. 'I never really-'

Edmund quickly interrupts him by pushing his arm back in place. Peter cries out and Edmund sighs, shaking his head as he hurries back to his position next to Catherine, avoiding a long conversation he didn't want to get involved in. Not now.

'Save it for later.'

...

PETER ATTACKS QUICKLY, but Miraz parries.

He begins to hit Peter with his shield until he falls back onto his knees, watching as Miraz runs towards him. Extending his foot on instinct, Peter manages to trip him and he falls with a grunt onto the floor. Catherine can't help it. She laughs.

Covering her mouth with a manicured hand, she starts to chuckle to herself as she watches her Uncle smack his head off the floor, curtesy of a boy he previously called a child. She wished there was a way to remember this forever, and spun around to make sure that Caspian was seeing what she was. He was, a grin plastered on his face to prove it.

He leans forwards, entwining their hands and giving hers a quick squeeze to express his excitement. She glowed, a smile on her face as she watched the swordsman recover, only for Peter to knock her Uncle's sword from his hand.

Miraz doesn't retrieve his weapon, instead reverting to his shield as Peter makes several attempts to stab him, but inevitably fails. Miraz throws his shield into the air, effectively disarming him and Catherine finds herself gripping her brother's hand harder in anticipation and fear, her knuckles fading to white. As Miraz slams his shield into the blonde, Peter catches it with a newfound strength and twist's it behind his back, causing Miraz to yell out in pain, the cry echoing around the field. Not even the Narnians dare to cheer, too caught up in the action to move properly.

The Lord elbows Peter in the face, pushing him into a pillar and picks up his sword to swing. Peter blocks it with his vambraces, the metal clashing together and creating sparks that fly dangerously close to their unprotected faces, scratching the material with an unpleasant screech.

Peter stands, punching Miraz in the wound on his leg, bandaged and visible, causing him to yell and cripple, dropping his sword immediately.

He begins to choke out, one word repeatedly getting caught in his throat along with his breathless cries.

'Respite! Respite!'

His pleads were left unanswered.

Peter holds up his fist over him, hesitating. Edmund frowns.

'Now's not the time for chivalry, Peter!' He calls out, disapproving. Catherine feels Caspian's hand tighten around hers and she swallows, loudly.

Peter drops his fist, beginning to walk back to his side as Miraz glares at Glozelle, panting and grabbing his sword. He begins to charge.

'Pete-!' Edmund calls out, urgently.

'Look out!' Catherine gasps and Peter spins around, grabbing Miraz's sword and twisting it around, stabbing Miraz in the arm.

Gasping, Miraz falls to his knees and starts to gawk, his jaw slack. Peter positions his sword, ready for the blow. He hesitates.

'What's the matter, boy?' Miraz taunts. 'Too cowardly to take a life?'

Peter lowered his sword and clenched his jaw, valiantly. 'It's not mine to take.'

He turns around to face Caspian, holding out the blade for him to take. Reluctantly, Caspian freezes, until Catherine lets go of his hand and urges him, slightly. He steps forwards.

Caspian lifted the blade above him, his Uncle seeming unfazed by the brutality of it's compelling strength. A cruel, sick smile made of blood and disloyalty. Catherine was so disgusted she had to turn away.

'Perhaps I was wrong.' Miraz says, a taunting grin splitting his lips, an attempt to spur his nephew. 'It seems you have the markings of a good Telmarine King afterall.'

The blade glints in his hand and Caspian's face twitches in anger. Miraz bows his head, waiting for the blow and Caspian screams, bringing the sword down in a low, swift tune that cut through the air.

The air was the only thing it cut.

Caspian brought the blade down to a small part of the earth, the blade embedded into the ground as the black-haired Prince frowns, scowling at his Uncle.

'Not one like you.' He purred. 'Keep your life, but I am giving the Narnian's back their kingdom.'

Catherine grinned, euphoria flooding through her like a drug and she brings her hands together, jumping up and down excitedly as he walks towards her, the Narnians celebrating behind her. Catherine runs up to her brother, wrapping her arms around his neck and bringing him into a large hug, which he easily returns, a grin on his face as he holds her closer. He wasn't going to lose her, afterall.

Lord Sopespian growls, walking over to help his Lord up.

'My King....'

'I will deal with you when this is over.' Miraz snarls, his arm wrapped around the man as he attempts to walk, leaning on him.

'It is over.'

AUTHORS NOTE
Lord Sopespian you sly bitch