TELL ME TO STAY

THE CEREMONY LOOKED tremendously stunning as both the Narnians and the Telmarines gathered around the podium, the backdrop of a river and Narnian forest glittering in the sun behind them. They chattered, happily amongst themselves as the Pevensie children stood on the stage, talking in hushed tones to Aslan and Trumpkin.

Behind the stage, secured by a small line of olive-trees, Caspian was beginning to think he wasn't quite ready.

He was breathing in and out, quickly and deeply in an attempt to ease his nerves and clear his mind. He was going to be King. How could he do it? How would he do it? He was only Caspian, he was a Prince not a King.

At the starting of an overwhelming panic, a petite figure appeared behind him, her shadow making an appearance and moulding into his, making him spin around and sigh in great relief.

'Cas.'

He breathed out once more, instantly rushing into her arms. Surprised by the sudden affection, she began to chuckle, awkwardly patting his back and wishing that he would stop trying to crush her, as she was starting to have trouble breathing. Caspian was evidentially very worried, and whenever he seemed so stressed, it was a coincidence that on the verge of his panic, his little sister was always nearby to help calm him down.

He let her go with a major reluctance before stepping back to admire her.

'You look beautiful, Cath.' He said, with a genuine, soft smile. 'You look like her.'

Catherine blushed at the compliment, her eyes beginning to turn glassy as she realized that she did, in fact, resemble her mother the day that she was crowned Queen. She wasn't sure about how she felt about this sudden realization, and it churned knots in her stomach; many of excitement and many of nerves.

'It's about time I looked good for once.' She teased. 'After all those days running around in the forest and getting myself all dirty, I deserve a pretty dress and some pretty flowers in my hair.'

Her brother laughed, lightly and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her into his side.

'Are you ready?' She asked, quietly.

Caspian breathed in. Could he ever be ready?

He ran a hand through his long, obsidian hair and swallowed, turning pale.

'I'm going to be the King of Narnia.' He said, a simple response that made Catherine explode into a fit of giggles.

'And a good one, at that.'

He turned to her, surprised and his features softened, clouded by an undiminishing worry as she reached out to fix his robes, his tie loosely knotted around his neck after he had made a nervous habit of pulling it down. 'You think so?'

She nodded. 'Oh, I know so.'

Caspian flashed a grin forwards, looking out onto the stage. 'You do seem to know an awful lot, sister.'

'Have I ever been wrong?' She smirked before nudging her head towards a certain dark-haired Queen that stood upon the stage, conversing with her brother. 'And I know for a fact, that I'm not wrong about that.'

Caspian turned to her, his eyebrows furrowed. 'What?'

'You. And her. Both of you.'

'Us?'

'Well, not us. I'm not a part of this. But yous.'

Caspian frowned. 'That's not grammatically correct.'

Catherine let out a loud sigh, closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose in pain.

'Just go do your thing.' She announced and watching him grin, triumphantly. 'I'll be right next to you.'