TO WAKE UP

LUCY FROWNED. So far, she was in the darkest parts of the wood, a soldier on the back of her tail with a very daunting looking crossbow sitting in his hand, glittering threatening under the sun as if it was winking at her. She didn't want to die like this.

She didn't want to be shot, hopeful and starry-eyed, by a soldier who didn't really want her dead, but only wanted to please the King who had assigned these tasks for him, that he would carry out through fear.

And Lucy was a child. She was still a young girl with hopeful dreams and aspiring future that she wanted to spend, here, in Narnia, with her new friends. She hadn't done everything she wanted to yet. She couldn't leave without spending more time with Trumpkin, or watching Caspian and Susan grow old and get married. She didn't want to die without cooking the muffins that she promised she would let Catherine taste, or grow into the dresses she left centuries behind. She didn't want to die, because of everything she had yet to achieve.

And Lucy Pevensie had a lot to achieve.

For these reasons, she tugged on the reins in an attempt to make her horse run faster, hoping that she could somehow outrun the death that loomed behind her, sat, nameless, on a horse that matched the speed of hers, and a mask that covered his unfamiliar, unknowing face. The soldier didn't' have a name, he barely even had a title. She didn't know what it was, and in a sick fascination, she wished she did.

It wasn't strange to wonder who was going to kill you.

As the trees past her, not seeming so unfamiliar anymore, there was a familiar glow in the leaves that she passed, a green much brighter than she had seen throughout the ride so far.

And she might have been wrong, but she was sure it was because of the Lion that she swear she saw in her peripheral.

...

CATHERINE GRIT HER TEETH. She was not going to be defeated, yet again, by a man that had always despised her. She hated that man.

'We're surrounded.' Edmund said, seeming defeated. His eyes skipped across each direction, to prove that, in fact, his accusation was true. The Telmarine soldiers had them circled.

'Perfect.' Catherine said with a breathy smile. Edmund turned to her, furrowing his eyebrows. 'That means we can attack from any direction.'

A grin broke out onto Edmund's face and Susan began to laugh, her face brightening with a smile as she attempted to cover her snickers with her hand. With a look to Peter, Catherine gave him a respectful nod and she drew her sword. He nodded back, a grateful look on his face.

He began to run forwards, charging and leading the way for the passionate Narnians that yelled and chanted on their way towards war.

The slashing of swords made a spectacular display, Caspian and Catherine fighting back-to-back as they yelled and cried out, piercing soldiers around them with their weapons made of steel and painted with a crimson red.

Caspian threw a dagger towards a soldier, stabbing into his chest and drawing blood, before swerving around and slicing another. He locked eyes with his sister and picked up a wrong in his hand. He flipped it in his hand before throwing it into the air towards Catherine, who smacked it with her sword like it was a baseball.

'Come on!' Reepicheep announces, and Caspian follows him. Catherine waits for a few minutes, fighting a new group of soldiers who corner her and push her into the pit created earlier, which was now filled with a mix of Narnian and Telmarine soldiers.

She cradles her head from the initial pain, her vision blurry as it morphs from a blur of colours to hazy, vague images. Suddenly, her eyes focus and she watches as Glozelle picks up a spear from a nearby corpse, running towards her with a battle cry.