THE TELMARINE CASTLE

THE HORSES RODE SWIFTLY along the cobbled floor, their hooves clicking in a rhythmic melody.

The Narnian's gleamed at the attention, unfamiliar with the acceptance and cheering their of their arrival as they walked through the Telmarine town, the villagers chanting out their names. Trumpkin walked alongside Glenstorm, their eyes wide at the welcoming friendliness that they had been denied for the past hundred years.

Aslan leads the horses, Telmarine children running and giggling ahead as they waved banners and ribbons, celebrating a win from their enemies and a loss of their own. Trumpkin had never seen people so happy to lose.

Caspian grins brightly, his face blushed and red as he accepts the affection of the Telmarine people, his people. A large, glittering golden crown, cushioned with red and littered with diamonds and jewels. By his side, Catherine felt a charming, genuine smile spread on her face as she waved outwards. Her eyes glimmered blue in the light, the sparkling, dainty white tiara settled on her hair, making her seem like a striking piece of art. It was if she hadn't just been cursing her own existence, and shooting arrows at Telmarine soldiers, hurling a sword with palpable vehemence. The Pevensies had grown to know her for her violent, yet unceasingly loyal personality, which clashed and blended beautifully with her usual bright and bubbly idiosyncrasies. Catherine highlighted the traits of a perfect Princess, and the Telmarine villagers noticed this almost instantly, and she found herself universally beloved.

She was followed by Susan and Peter, their own, familiar crowns placed upon their fair hair, waving royally with less enthusiasm and more relaxed than the siblings in front of them. Edmund and Lucy were slightly more excited, flushed from the adrenaline and love that was thrown towards them.

Catherine turned back and found herself watching over him, analysing his chiselled features and bright features, a grin radiant enough to bright up an entire room. She found it easy to see how many girls struggled not to fall in love with him. She chuckled at the thought and turned back forwards, now entering the gleaming castle that began to glitter with a new hope.

A new hope they would promise to offer.

...

A SINGLE KNOCK AT HER DOOR made Edmund's presence known, and Catherine spun around in her seat.

'Come in.' She said, a soft smile on her face.

She had taken residence in her old room, upon one of the highest towers, now decorated much brighter and happier than she had left it. She was sitting in front of a small vanity, examining her makeup, her head braided, loosely, entwined with white flowers that she had asked a few Telmarine girls in the village to do for her during one of her walks. A white tiara on her head, Edmund was sure that she was never going to take it off. Not that she should, he thought it made her even more beautiful than she already was, a symbol of her beauty that he could finally show to the world.

Edmund smirked at her, watching as she fussed over several natural makeup remedies that was laid out in front of her, clearly debating which one she should use. She sighed, deeply.

'You know, Rin,' He said, leaning against her doorframe. 'It might help if you actually put some of that stuff on your face, rather than just looking at it.'

Catherine paused, turning to glare teasingly at him before sighing and throwing her arms down in defeat.

'I just want to look perfect for the ceremony.' She said, disappointed. 'But I can't seem to find the right lipstick.'

Edmund smiled and walked into the room. 'You don't need any of that. You look fine, just like that.'

Beautiful, like always.