"Where are you from?" he says straight up. I knew that would be the first thing he would ask. My answer is almost instant.

"Formally the United States of America but not really, or at least I don't see myself as American." He looks at me with a questioning look, not judging but rather wonder. I continue, "so the things I am about to tell you, you can not tell anyone about. Not even the other boys, Jin does not even know this. so keep quiet." He agrees to keep quiet. I go over what happened around 25 years ago trying to do it without being too open. Knowing I am starting to sound insane I stop. 

"Okay, so your name is Venus because you are born on Venus? That is the most basic thing I have heard in a while like it's a good name but your parents are not creative." I laugh at his comment knowing that even if he does not understand completely he is going to keep it a secret. "When did you first come to earth then?"

I had to think about it as I was probably about 8 or 9 but that was mostly for scientific reasons. "umm so I came here when I was like 9 but that was for doctors appointments and such. We also came when I was 14, that's when I meet Jin. My parents somehow knew his family and they invited us to spend time with them when we visited Korea." I smile thinking back to when I and Jin first meet. "He was the first one to try to understand me and help me adjust to everything down here. This place is so busy and fast. I still can't handle all of it but having him by my side has helped me a lot." Yoongi looks fondly at me. He starts writing again into his notebook. "So what are you writing?" He only shrugs his shoulders and turns away from me. 

"Thank you for telling me, I won't tell anyone. Does Jin know about all of this?" I quietly say 'no' knowing that I should definitely tell him. "Why not? does he just think you don't fit in in a small town in the states?" I  nod my head before realising he is turned away from me. 

"I was brought up knowing my whole existence is a secret. I have always had to keep it away from everyone I know, he included. I have always felt bad about it because I don't know how he would react." I feel my phone vibrate and I reach for it. The screen lights up

Notification from TotallyNotJin

I unlock my phone.

TotallyNotJin
Morning. I'm in the car
on my way to the studio.
Be there in 5. 

"Jin is on his way, he'll be here in 5 minutes," I say closing my phone again. Yoongi motions me to move to his setup. He takes the headphones of the desk and gives them to me. I put them on my head and adjust the pads to my ears. A few seconds later a soft piano can be heard. 

-C-