chapter eleven

Harry and Draco took their seats at the stands glumly. As the two couldn't be apart from each other without tearing their chests open, they had to give up their places on their teams. It was Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff, and Harry had a shrewd suspicion that his house wasn't going to do too well, as it consisted mainly of first and second years. Ron, who was now team captain, was the oldest by far.

He tried not to facepalm when he saw the first year Chaser, Elliot Nile, mount his broom with the back facing front.

"Hufflepuff will have an easy win," Draco said in Harry's ear as if he didn't know.

"You think, Draco?" Harry snapped.

"Calm down, Golden Boy, it's only one match. Just tell Weasley to get a better team next time."

Harry opened his mouth to defend Ron's questionable teammate choices but was interrupted by Hermione, who plopped down in the seat next to Draco, looking wary.

"Gryffindor doesn't stand a chance against them," she moaned.

Hufflepuff had a good haul this year. With a lean Seeker to a buff Keeper, it had no chance of losing against Gryffindor's less experienced team.

"One can hope," Harry said half-heartedly.

The match began, and Smith had no problem intercepting the Quaffle. The Gryffindor Chasers had been passing around as if they were playing pass the parcel. Harry stood up from his seat and all but yelled at them.

"GO AFTER HIM! GET IT BACK!" he yelled himself hoarse, but he wasn't the only one. Countless Gryffindors leaped up from their seats and gave them a piece of their minds. The Chasers sheepishly zoomed after Smith, determined to gain their dignity back.

Ron made a spectacular save, in the meantime, and the Gryffindors cheered.

"The Gryffindor Seeker has spotted the Snitch!" said the commentator from the stands.

The Hufflepuff spun around idiotically. Harry whooped as he saw the Gryffindor Seeker, a short blond boy named Russo, speeding after the small ball.

"CATCH IT! CATCH IT!" the Gryffindors jeered. Even Hermione had jumped up from her seat to join in.

Russo reached out-

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

Harry and Draco entered the Room of Requirement with jubilant expressions. Well, Harry was jubilant. Draco was irritated.

"You can't honestly expect me to be happy when Gryffindor has won?" he had said when Harry had asked why he was so angry. "I despise Gryffindors!"

"You don't despise me," Harry had pointed out.

"You're a... special case, Potter," Draco had said. Harry tried to ignore the butterflies fluttering in his stomach at those words.

The Gryffindors were holding a Halloween-themed party in honor of their victory. Russo had become quite popular among the Gryffindors. The rest of the team, excluding Ron, looked on with malice and envy as countless students clapped the first-year on the back.

Hermione and Ron rushed up to them, looking flushed.

"Have you two been drinking?" Harry said incredulously, looking at their wide eyes. They nodded.

"You can't blame us, mate!" Ron protested. "We're so happy! I knew it was a mistake letting Zander on the team..."

"It was a mistake letting any of them on the team," Draco snorted. "But I guess you can make an exception for Russo."

Ron nodded approvingly. "Yeah, I like Miguel. He was like Harry in his first year."

"Anyways," Hermione cut in, her eyes gleaming. "We've come to take you two over to eighth year's little corner. We're going to play Spin the Bottle!"

Draco shrugged and proceeded to follow the two. Harry followed reluctantly but didn't say anything. They went over to a secluded corner of the room filled with their classmates.

They sat down, and Paravati proceeded to read out the rules.

"It has to be a proper kiss, not just some peck on the cheek." there was a murmur of agreement. "Whoever refuses to kiss the person they got will have to endure a Petrificus Totalus and will have to stay in the corridor until Filch finds them."

Harry groaned inwardly. Anything was better than that.

"Who'd like to go first?" she asked.

Lavender Brown eagerly took the empty Firewhiskey bottle from Parvati's hand.

"I'll do it!"

She spun the bottle, and as it started to slow to a stop in front of Harry, he flicked it away, and it landed in front of Hermione. Everyone laughed.

"What?" he protested. "You didn't say we couldn't do that!"

"Fine. I'll let you off this time. But just so everyone's clear, that isn't allowed!" Parvati said.

Lavender took the bottle from in front of Hermione, and when it stopped, it was pointing at Draco. He looked cautiously at Lavender, who looked green in the face.

"Of course, it had to be a Slytherin!" she all but gagged.

"Come on, Brown, there are some girls who are dying to be in your shoes," Zabini said. Pansy Parkinson seemed to be one of them, as she was glaring holes into the side of Lavender's head.

Lavender stood up and made her way over to Draco, who looked apprehensive. The kiss was chaste but not sloppy. When the two pulled away, they looked disgusted with the other. Draco wiped his mouth.

Harry was boiling with rage and jealousy. He so wanted to be the one that kissed Draco.

Wait what?

He shook his head and watched as Draco took the bottle and spun it.

The bottle stopped moving, and everyone held their breaths.

It had landed in front of Harry Potter.

***
SUSPENSE!! An author's favourite thing to create.

Vote to show your appreciation!