Chapter 3

Universe: RWBY

Beacon Academy

3rd POV

The first night at Beacon, students are splayed out in sleeping bags. Ruby, in her pajamas and with a sleeping mask around her head, is writing in a journal when Yang crashes next to her, similarly dressed.

Yang: "It's like a big slumber party!" She tells Ruby.

Ruby: "I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though." She replied not looking up.

Yang: "I know I do!" She purrs as she watches several muscular, shirtless guys... and Jaune, dressed in feetie pajamas, waving to her, which makes her groan before she returns her attention to Ruby.

Yang: "What's that?" She asked Ruby.

Ruby: "A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going." She replied.

Yang: "Aw, that's so cuuuute!" She said while getting knocked back as a pillow is launched at her face.

Ruby: "Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school! It's weird not knowing anyone here!" She exclaimed.

Yang: "What about Jaune? He's... nice! There you go! Plus one friend! That's a hundred percent increase!" She said to Ruby.

Ruby: "Pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend. Back to zero..." She replied while turning on her back.

Yang: "There's no such things as negative friends! You just made one friend and one enemy! Look, it's only been one day. Trust me; you've got friends all around you! You just haven't met them yet!" She tells Ruby.

The two sisters notice a candle being lit nearby, and Blake Belladonna is seen leaning against a wall, reading her book.

Ruby: "That girl..." She said while watching her.

Yang: "You know her?" She asked Ruby.

Ruby: "Not really. She saw what happened this morning, but left before I could say anything." She tells Yang.

Yang: "Well, now's your chance!" She then grabs Ruby's arm and lifts her up.

Ruby: "Wait! What are you doing?!" She asked Yang.

Blake looks over her book to see Ruby unsuccessfully struggling against Yang's grip as she leads her sister over to Blake's spot before letting go.

Yang: "Hel-looooo! I believe you two may know each other?" She said to Blake.

Blake: "Aren't you... that girl that exploded?" She replied while looking at Ruby.

Ruby: "Uh, yeah! My name's Ruby! But you can just call me Crater... Actually, you can just call me Ruby." She said embarrassed.

Blake: "Okay." She said back in her book.

Yang: "What are you doing?" She said whispering to Ruby.

Ruby: "I don't know - help me!" She said whispering back and going back to smiling.

Yang: "So... What's your name?" She asked Blake.

Blake: "Blake." She said sighing as she's distracted yet again.

Yang: "Well, Blake, I'm Yang, Ruby's older sister! I like your bow!" She complimented.

Blake: "Thanks!" She said irritated.

Yang: "It goes great with your... pajamas!" She said to Blake.

Blake: "Right..." She replied.

Yang: "Nice night, don't you think?" She said as Ruby laughs uncomfortably.