The Refashioning

Harry woke up feeling a gentle warmth and light bathing his face and body with something fluffy and light but still warm on top of him. Confused at what the light was and really, where he was as a matter of fact because this didn't feel like the hallway floor. The last thing Harry remembered was being in absolute agony lying on the hallway floor from Bellatrix's spell, then everything going black from another spell from Bellatrix. Sitting up, Harry stretches and rubs the sleep out of his eyes. His movements were slowed not only from his previously sleeping state but because his whole body was sore and ached every time he moves. He assumed it was most likely due to the first spell Bellatrix had used on him. When he finally was able to see properly, he saw a lit marble fireplace in front of him, giving off the previously unknown gentle light and warmth. Harry looked down at his lap to see he was sitting on a comfy black leather couch with a fluffy, warm green blanket with a singular design across his lap. Looking closer at the design, he noticed it looked similar to the Slytherin House Crest he'd seen on banners and the Slytherin uniforms at Hogwarts, but could still tell they were two different crests. Harry looked around the strange new room, unaware of how he got there or where the blanket came from.

Harry jumped when a voice broke the silence of the room, "Sleep well little serpent?" Turning towards the voice, he saw the Dark Lord at a dark mahogany desk filled with parchment, a fancy quill in his hand poised to start writing on the parchment below it. He was sitting in a large black leather chair that looked as comfortable as the couch he was currently sitting on was, which by the way was very, very comfortable. It was like sitting on a cloud. At least one that was firm enough that you didn't feel like you were going to sink into the couch and have back problems from not having enough support, but soft and squishy enough that you could easily sleep on it and feel like you've slept on a very good quality bed. His master had a smirk on his face with one of his elegant eyebrows raised as he looked at me. Harry looked down, not meeting Voldemort's crimson eyes as he lightly smiled, unsure what to do. "Yes sir, just a bit sore and confused is all." Harry bit his lip as he looks up through his lashes to see Voldemort's eyes darken. He sets his quill down, pushed his chair back, and got up to start walking towards him. Harry starts to feel nervous as the man walks towards his still seated form on the couch. Harry returns to facing the warm fire as his mind starts swirling with questions again. He doesn't notice the Dark Lord had reached the couch or was sitting down next to him until he feels the dip it caused, which in turn causes him to stiffen up automatically.

"Why are you so stiff little serpent?" His voice is soft with a very faint hint of what Harry could only guess was confusion? Voldemort expected Harry's confusion since he had said that they would be alone, but he didn't understand the sudden uncertainty and tenseness his serpent was exhibiting when he sat down on the couch next to him, or why he wouldn't meet his eyes. What Harry asked next made his confusion spike and turn to anger and resentment, though all visibly hidden behind his meticulously formulated mask. "Did I do something to displease you to deserve punishment, sir?" Harry fidgeted with his fingers in his blanket covered lap, his shoulders slumped and his voice quiet with confusion, hurt, and panic. Sensing his master's sudden anger, he started to fidget more intensely with his anxiety increasing by the second. Just as he was about to ask his question again though a lot more tentatively, he felt himself being lifted and placed on the man's lap. The Dark Lord positioned Harry to sit sideways across his lap, with his head and upper body tucked tightly into his sturdy muscular chest and neck. Harry took in a breath of surprise at this and how the Dark Lord wrapped his arms around Harry's body, petting and running his long, lithe fingers through his hair. "Sir?" he squeaked with caution and confusion, still unsure if he really had done something wrong.

"Little serpent, you had done nothing wrong, nothing to displease me. Bella was only confused as was expected as she didn't know how you had become mine," Voldemort drawled, but this only seemed to increase Harry's confusion. Looking up at him, he could see his emerald eyes were filled with confusion and wariness. "But then why didn't the mark stop her? You said it would stop them from hurting me, said it would protect me, sir?" The Dark Lord let out a light barely there breathy groan, his frown deepening, "It would have if they had seen it first. It is my personal mark that every death eater, regardless of rank, can identify and knows the meaning of as it's drilled into their heads in the beginning when they first join. That is, if they haven't already been trained by another member before they officially joined." The Dark Lord sighed lightly in annoyance, scowling slightly at his own miscalculation and oversight. "I had charmed it to alert me if any of my Death Eaters fired a spell at or near you with malicious intent. She shouldn't have even seen you, shouldn't have even been at the manor in the first place. I had specifically ordered the inner circle to only come to the manor if they were giving reports or had something to inform me of that was of the utmost importance that could not wait. And even then, they were to apparate straight outside of my office and leave from there as well. None of them should have been wandering around the manor," Voldemort tried to keep his voice soft, but hostility and irritation still bleed through causing his voice to have a sharp edge to it. "To make sure this never happens again, I will be adding a few more charms and spells to the mark, little serpent." Harry just blinked up at the Dark Lord in utter surprise for a few moments as he took in the new information and revelations revealed to him. "Oh, well that is a relief. I guess the pain really confused me, sir" Harry said, the tenseness he had previously draining away as he snuggled deeper into his master's hold. He hadn't done anything wrong, and now that he thought about it, it made sense since he had told him he was keeping me a secret for right now. There was also the fact that he hadn't been in the manor long enough, free at least, to actually do something to actually displease him. Harry wanted to slap himself for being so utterly stupid and letting his insecurities and need to NEVER return to those hellish dungeons control him. He had acted so childishly it was appalling. Voldemort hummed, amused at Harry's words, "It is fine little one, it is only natural for you to react that way." He says as he strokes Harry's hair.