December 22 - Christmas Magic - Part 3

POV: Kusuo Saiki

Chouno and I were on stage and the seats were already filling in the crowd. It never ceases to amaze me how many people come to this loser's show. He doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. He just makes a fool out of himself. 

He made me wear an elf costume and it looks ridiculous. Almost as as ridiculous as the costume I had to wear for the school play. I've already searched the audience and I don't see or hear anyone I would know. My parents down know I'm doing this event either so luckily we won't have any evidence this ever happened.

Chouno gives me the sign that we must go out on stage and I sigh. I just wanted to go home. 

"Good evening everyone!" Chouno greets the crowd and they all clap. "I'm here with my assistant Saikael!"

Everyone claps again and cheers me on.

Good grief.

"Tonight I will be putting Saikael into this Christmas sack filled with presents!" Chouno holds the bag open and make my way inside of it as planned. "I will also be placing a bomb inside one of the presents! Will Saikael make it out alive?!" 

I'm only going to make it out alive because he told me which present it was. And even if he was a total psycho I can see what's inside all the boxes without even having to touch them. 

He starts tossing in all the presents and the audience is hooked.

"Isn't this tres bien?" He asks and they all cheer. 

Good grief that catch phrase is awful. 

"Now Saikael which present could it be?" He asks me. "Which present has the bomb?"

I pretend to look around since the audience thinks I don't know which box it's in but I know instantly. I keep searching just to stall until I finally decide it's been enough time. I grab the present with the bomb and chuck it across the stage. Seconds later it blows up and the audience screams in fear and excitement.

"Tres bien Saikael! You did it!" Chouno exclaims and the audience claps.

What a pain.