3||the victim

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

"It's been a really long time," I thought, savoring the warm, beautiful air of LA as I slowly breathed in and out. Stepping out of my private jet, I sluggishly made my way towards the awaiting car, and soon enough, I reached Jimin's apartment. Exiting the car, I was greeted by a very familiar figure – Park Jimin, my best buddy. Famous yet secretly a drug dealer, clever, and smart as hell. We've been best friends since childhood, born and raised in Ag-mong along with five more fellows. Although he moved to LA a few years back, he frequently visited his hometown to see his parents and little brother.

"Jungkook, good to see you!" he cheered as we hugged, making our way inside. I grabbed a bottle from the fridge to quench my thirst before settling on a bottle of beer.

"So, what's up with this marriage thing, JK? I mean, I know you're 23, but isn't it too early for a guy like you?" Jimin asked, taking a seat in the opposite direction. I sighed before explaining.

"Father wants me to get married ASAP and start a family so that I can take over the leadership of his business," I said as he nodded, absorbing the information.

"But, Jimin, that's not the problem. I'm ready to take such a big responsibility, but Dad expects me to bring a shy, innocent girl who'll follow all the rules of Ag-mong without any questions, fuck my life I don't wanna get married at all" I groaned, taking the last sip of my beer and tossing the empty can into the bin.

Damn that's a good beer. I'll take another one.

"Hmm, an innocent girl... well, good luck with that buddy, Ag-among as very good reputation when it comes to women" he commented sarcastically before chuckling, as if finding girl is an impossible task.

"Anyway, let's hit the club this evening. It's been a week since I had fun," I suggested, winking at him and giving him a suggestive look that made him chuckle.

"Yeah, sure, and who knows, you might find a chick there," he smirked.

"Suree~" I playfully whined, making my way towards his bedroom for a well-deserved nap.

_______________________________________

"Miss, time is of the essence; your mother needs immediate surgery! First, settle the bills, and then we can proceed," the doctor stated firmly, frustration evident in their tone. Another tear traced its path down her cheeks as she absorbed his words.

"But Doc, please start the operation. I promise to pay the bills later, and I—"

"Listen, my dear, we can't make exceptions. It's a hospital rule, and we must adhere to it for the sake of our responsibilities. Pay the bills, and then we'll prepare for the operation," they explained, ready to move away. However, she grasped the doctor's hand, looking up at him with tear-filled eyes. Her face mirrored the depth of her despair.