Chapter 1

The first time Lucy Heartfilia had ever met Natsu was when she was four. Surprisingly enough, she didn't meet Natsu at an earlier time despite their parents being friends. Coincidentally, that was the first time, from what she remembers, that she had looked down at the tiny, beady, pink numbers on her wrist that were slowly counting down. At that time, she didn't know what it meant, just that everyone had one. Although, others couldn't see the numbers on your wrist and vice versa.

She remembered how her tiny, bare feet pounded on the floor of her parent's bathroom as her mother was putting on her diamond earrings. She watched, fascinated, as her mother then proceeded to do her makeup. She shook her head, trying to get back on topic. "Mama, why are there numbers on my arm?" She asked in her innocent, childish voice. Her mother smiled her warm, kind smile. "Well, the numbers on your wrist are a clock. They're supposed to countdown to when you meet your soulmate."

"What's a soulmate?"

"It's like a best friend but more. It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. That someone who makes you a better person. No, actually, they don't make you a better person. You do that by yourself because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you, accepted you, and believed in you before anybody else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you'll always love them, and Nothing could ever change that." Her mother said thoughtfully, with a gentle smile on her face.

She just stared at her mother blankly, not understanding a word that her mother had said. She just smiled a cute smile at her mother and ran off. Numbers and soulmates were off her mind, which was now filled with thoughts about toys or what her father's new friend was telling her about. She was very excited to meet him! She forgot his name already, though. She couldn't remember if it was Natsu or Katsu Dragneel. It didn't matter then, but later it would turn out that they would become the best of friends.

Her childish thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. She jumped and raced to the front door where her father already was. He opened the door and greeted the family while Lucy hid behind his leg. Her father ushered them inside the house.

That's when Lucy set her eyes on a boy who looked about her age.

All chapters will be posted today due to a problem I currently have.