Inside palace

Thor felt his heart lurch in despair, and yes bitter self-loathing as well, but stubbornly fought back the urge to just lay curl up right then and there and let the ground swallow him up. Instead Thor steeled his frayed nerves and spoke.

" My friends, let us proceed inside, no doubt the All-father will wish to see us and welcome you all to our kingdom." He said as he held out his hand for Jane to take.

Jane immediately took the hand with a sad but reassuring smile Thor's way. The moment Thor had spoken, every eyes turned to him, All feeling of wonder and awe quickly evaporated as they were all instantly remembered the occasion, they were all here for.

Steve, Tony, Bruce, Clint, Natasha, Selvig, and Darcy all fell in behind Thor and Jane, instinctively forming to lines behind the pair. Behind the group, Sif and the Warrior's three somberly followed as they all made there way up to the glittering silver steps that led into the palace.

A pair of truly gigantic arched doors, magnificent in their carved grandeur that were about the same height of six-story building, led them inside the palace.

Mortals were dumbstruck by the interior of the palace. The ceiling seemed to stretch all the way to the heavens themselves, pillars that would probably take five or six people holding hands to encompass stood proudly, great armored figures carved into them with amazing skill and attention to detail.

But even as they gazed on the grand interior, the mortals also noticed the black curtains, the wall hangings that adorned the wall bearing Loki's colors of green, black, and gold.

" Where are we going Thor?" Jane asked.

" We are going to the great hall, my father shall greet us there." Thor said as he looked back at Jane.

" The great hall? Isn't that where..." Steve began, but trailed off with unease.

" Yes friends Steve, that is where Menkos revealed himself and his truth to us." Thor said gravely.

A feeling of unease fell over the mortals, all of them realizing that they were about to enter the hall where Thor, his mother, and his father had all unleashed their terrible wrath on Menkos. The place no doubt held very bad memories for Thor, and now they would all see the place itself for themselves. After much walking Thor turned a corner and there were the stood the golden door that led to the great hall, standing tall and imposing in their own right.

Guards bowed to their prince and his guest respectfully before opening the great door. The imposing golden doors slowly part to reveal the great hall within.

It was just a splendid as it had been shown in the memory stone, spacious and filled with many members of the Asgardian court. However it was not as filled to the brim as it had been that terrible day, and for that the Avengers were quite thankful for they felt that a heroes welcome would have diminished the real reason why they were here. In truth none of them, not even Tony felt like they would have been keen, if there had been such a welcome.

With their head held high, the avengers followed Thor in a neat line of two. Jane squeezed Thor's hand in reassurance as she understood his uncomfortable feeling being in this room, as she too shared the same feeling along with Thor and others.

As they walk, the mortals all collectively pause when their eyes fell on the scorch marks that marred the smooth marble floor near the center of the hall. Around them the many Aesir eyes watched on in sad silence, realizing that these mortals had witnessed the agony and rage of the Queen as they had themselves, and were now gazing at the remnants of the rage that had been left untouched by the servants.