Best friends look out 4 each other

Lance's POV: 1st person narrative (sorry but i'm pretty bad at the 1st person povs... i'll try my best tho)

My eyes, slowly, open. I feel something thin and long pressing onto my arm. It feels like a string, and it is intertwined on my fingers and stuck in between them.
I look down and try to lift my hand, only then I realize that it's the wires of my headphones.

I look at my hand, and after seconds of admiring the tangled up mess, all of the memories from this morning come, flooding in.

I had woken up from a nightmare and met Keith in the kitchen... I remember laughing with him and having a good time... what the hell?! I was definitely not in my right mind... how on earth did I manage to get along with that mullet head?

I sat on my bed suddenly. Looked around for a bit, still half asleep and confused.

The nightmare came to my mind and I felt a bit nostalgic. Remembering my parent's house only pains me as I don't know for sure if i'll ever be able to see them again...

I shake my head continuously, trying to get rid of the unwanted thoughts and feelings.

I then start to carefully distangle the headphones from my hand, separating its pressure from my skin. The headband of the earphones is still around the back of my neck so I slide it off and rest it on my pillow. I now have light pink lines all over my arm, hand and part of my back, temporarily scarring me.

I huff, scratching the surface of the red marks delicately. It stings, but I don't care. I'm used to the stinging.

I'm still so tired, but I'm too awake to fall back asleep now, so I sit on the side of my bed, letting my legs hang from it, and glance at the clock near me.

"9:08am" I say, out loud, to myself. My voice hoarse from sleep.

My head is still circling around the nightmare, so I decide to go get some breakfast and find a way get my mind out of that place. Maybe find distraction by talking to someone... no, actually never mind- I'll try to avoid as many people as I possibly can.

There's no way I'm in the situation to simply come up to someone and have a light hearted conversation. Wait... I had a conversation with Keith this morning. Right?

He didn't ask me about anything that happened, although he did seem a bit awkward at the beginning...but so was I...

'Gee, this is so confusing' I think to myself as I let out a sigh, put a hand on my forehead and lightly close my eyes.

I always thought Keith would be the kind of person who would avoid situations that he does not comprehend. He's a smart guy, I'll give him that, but he stays away from things out of his reach and apprehension. Which is understandable.

Although it still surprises me that he would be so respectful of my... well... comfort? I don't really know how to put it, but  I'm grateful he didn't bring up the whole "crying like a pathetic baby" situation, because I'd be damned if anyone found out about how awful I actually feel.

My eyes suddenly widen.

The memory of tonight that I left out was... Keith invited me to go with him somewhere... I think he said something like "I'll take you somewhere"...

And I agrEED?! What the- I don't even know where we're going! Or why we're going, to be honest!!!

I stand up and make my way to the bathroom, that is attached to my room, in the intention of seeing my reflection.

As I'm walking across my room, all of a sudden, I feel like crying once again. I don't exactly know the reason, but I feel so bad. I feel disgusting, and the bitterness indulges me with hate.