Big plans for the better change

Credit to "niftynightowl", on tumbler, for the beautiful artwork! ⬆                               \(^ω^)/

•______________•

{After Coran's "talk" with the team they all came up with different ways to confront Lance. Some decided to properly apologise to him, but others came to the conclusion that the best way to fix everything was to simply treat Lance better and learn from their past doings.}

Hunk's plan:

He would talk to Lance as soon as he got the chance. He would explain himself and apologize for anything he ever did that might have upset him.
He would also try to spend more time with him.
The way he would start the operation would be by asking Lance to help him with his fighting skills and technique, as it would later be useful in other missions, but also an excuse to talk to him. 

Hunk had been wanting to ask Lance for so long, and this would also give him more time to spread more positivity upon his sad friend, therefore, also building new memories! 

Hunk had been friends with Lance since the Garrison and knew a lot about him. From his favorite colour to his childhood bullying experiences. But he could have never even thought that his friend had such horrible thoughts... his eyes would water just thinking about the fact that Lance thought about... intentional death. The Yellow Paladin's heart broke when Coran let them know. 

The fact that he maybe caused some of that stress or hate  upon one of his best friends made him feel not only sick to his stomach, but disgusted in his doings. And so Hunk, being such a kind and understanding being, prepared an entire speech of what he would mention to Lance in his apology. 

"This is going to work, and you are going to fix this" was what he told himself.

Pidge's plan:        

Pidge decided that she would try and support Lance more and also spend more time with him. Her ideal way to make a difference was mostly in the change of behaviour, as, in her opinion, actually showing that you care is much more important than simply telling.

In her mind, what she did wrong was the fact that she got too invested and occupied in doing the many jobs around the ship and other duties and desires, that she started letting go of relationships and friendships. 

This also made her more antisocial and aggressive whenever she encountered anyone, which might have explained some of the non intentional comments in regards to Lance.

As for the intentional ones, when Pidge feels frustrated in situations, she becomes more hostile with others, and, as Lance is an easy target because of his persona, it was easy to just pick on him for different things, without really thinking of the possible consequences. She also didn't think much about it because it didn't seem to be affecting Lance at all.

This was not the first time something like this had happened. 

When she was on earth, the Green Paladin, remembered distinctly how eager she was to follow in her brother's (Matt's) footsteps. All she did was study. Day and night, and although her mother and father were incredibly proud of her, they noticed how she was, slowly, pulling a way from them. And when Matt and their father went missing Pidge and her mother were devastated. They got closer over the time they were left alone, and, as lonely as the house sometimes got, they were so glad they still had each other.

That's how the Green Paladin understood that abandoning or neglecting people (or in this case, also treating them like shi-) would always turn against her, allowing the guilt to inevitably make her suffer with remorse.