silent plead

3rd person P.O.V :) ((Lance's room))

The room was unilluminated, as the, normally flickering lamp had been previously thrown harshly against the resistant wall, in pure frustration.

Silent sobs could barely be heard through the stuffy room, and the muffled cries easily went unnoticed, as everyone else was busy doing their own things around the ship.

The air was filled with tension, and the imaginary voices seemed to intensify, as the hurtful lies soon escalated into painful truths.

The blue paladin laid on the cold floor, in a fetus-like position, covering his head with his arms, as if someone would try and harm him. His hands were equally placed on the edges of his cranium, gripping firmly, and harshly pulling at his hazel, now messy, locks.

His breathing was unsteady and all over the place, the suffocating feeling was slowly taking over his body, creating a familiar drowning sensation, just like when he was a child.

The panic attack was quickly escalating, and the urges only seemed to increase in Lance's head. He let out a strangled cough, trying to ask for help by getting their attention, but, as they had all his life, his cries for help went unnoticed, as the feeling of neglect came back to haunt him.

He went to reach for something in his drawer with his shaking hand, when a fast and unconstant knock appeared.

"Lance?" ... the blue paladin was not able to respond. He clutched at his stomach. Tears were still falling from his broken face.

"Buddy?" ... This time, Lance tried to speak, but when he opened his mouth, only a breathy sob, barely, came out.

Hunks's P.O.V

As I finished preparing dinner for everyone, I had all sorts of ideas for my new and improved recipe for the food goo. Coran had given me his personal recipe, that honestly tasted like dog excrements...no offense Coran...

I called everyone to the dining hall, and they all sat down, we started to eat.

Everyone complimented me, and it made me feel really happy that everyone enjoyed my food! But then I noticed something. There was an unsettling silence, and the odd tranquility was far from our normality.

"Hey, where's Lance?" Asked Keith, in a concerned manner. "He would never skip dinner, he loves your cooking!!!" Pidge added to Keith's statement.

In other cases, I would have felt flattered by Pidge's accidental compliment, but the comment lost all of its flattering effect, and all that I could feel was worry for my sappy best friend. Shortly after, Keith stood up and started to walk to the door.

"I'll go check on him, maybe something happened" he said in a, surprisingly, concerned and perturbed tone.

"No! Wait, Keith!" I said, suddenly, getting everyone's attention "I'll go call him, I wanted to ask him something anyways" I finished my statement with the brightest smile I could manage.

It's true, I've wanted to ask Lance if he could help me with sword fighting for a while now, but I always seem to forget to bring it up at the right times. He had been training with Keith to get better, and I saw so much potential in his teaching skills! Also, I didn't really want to bother Keith with my inability to fight, as he has more important things to worry about and occupy his time with in my opinion. So I much rather ask my best friend  :)

Keith seemed unsure of my proposal, but soon agreed (obviously trying to make it seem like he didn't care, but we all know you do have a heart, Keith)

I stood up from the dining table and started walking to Lance's room at a fast pace.

When I arrived in front of the metal door, with personalised anime stickers, probably for his extravagant persona, I knocked inattentively.

There was no sound nor response.

"Lance?"

No response again.

"Buddy?"

Silence.

Maybe he's taking a nap... I mean, he did seem pretty exhausted today. Even after that battle, this afternoon, he was really beat up.

I was a bit disappointed at first, but then felt a bit bad for him. He worked really had today, only to be let down by our half-failed mission.

Oh well, I guess I'll talk to him another time. I'll just let him rest.

•___________________•

~793 words~

Edit: I am future author lol, I just wanted to say that the chapters get much longer from here on

This is my first time writing anything on here, so sorry if it's bad :/
I could use some constructive criticism though, so feel free to tell me if I made mistakes or if there is any possible improvement to be done. Also...sorry if it's too short :'(

Thank you for reading my first story :))