The same as back then

((3rd person)) Lance's room

Lance had been so concentrated in hearing the knocks and keeping his breathing quiet that he came out of the panicking state he was in. His breath was still noticeably unbalanced, but the urge had disappeared in the heat of the moment, and in the fear of anyone finding out about this weak side of him.

They would all hate him even more if they knew how fragile his state of mind really was. Besides, they would never accept him this way, especially since he was chosen to be a Paladin of Voltron! He was supposed to save the universe for crying out loud!
How was he supposed to save the universe if he couldn't even save himself from his own grasp of thoughts?

Lance laid on his back on the cold pavement. His feet up on the wall in a vertical position, and even though his panic attack had seemingly come to an end, his trail of thoughts was still sparsely left around him.
The scariest part out of all of this, was that he hadn't had a panic attack this grave in months. The worry and sadness of being insignificant had been buried deep within him for his entire life, and yet everything that was hidden from other's sight, was now hanging from a rope, right in front of their eyes, and dangerously close to exposing itself, unraveled from its dirty bandages.

All the voices had gotten quieter, and could be easily mistaken for whispers, but Lance was too used to the evil murmuring that took place in his head once in a while, and knew perfectly well that the, what seemed like, innocent muttering could undoubtedly become the cold screams and disturbing cries of his inner self.
"I'm so fucking weak" was the last thing he sobbed out, after falling asleep on the floor.

For the millionth time, Lance felt exposed to his own judgement, and bare of love.

•________________________•

(338 words)

Sorry that it's so short...
Thank you for reading ^^