Trial

The trial was today, and I nervously fiddled with my tie. The team said they would all come, and Tsukki and Tsukishima-san promised to be by my side the whole time. I've been texting with my father, his reassuring words helping to calm me down slightly, but I was still nervous. 

The last time I saw my mother, she demanded I come home with her, then outed me to my team, and tried to hit Daichi-san. She looked so mad and psychotic when she smiled at me after I stopped her hand from hitting Daichi. All those things she said about me making her the bad guy, about me going against biology, against God. We aren't even religious, I don't know why she brought God into the conversation. I think she was just trying to find another excuse to go against my f/m transition. 

I looked myself in the mirror, taking in the suit that slightly hung off my body. This was the first time I've ever worn a suit. My mother refused to buy one, demanding I wear a dress. The button down didn't hug my chest like a regular t-shirt does, so my binder was easily hidden underneath. Tsukki walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my stomach. I leaned back into him, resting the back of my head on his chest. He was wearing a grey suit and a yellow tie, his hair was nicely brushed and I noticed how he put some jell in it to calm down his curls. 

"You look nice," I smiled at him through the mirror. 

"So do you," His voice was soft and comforting. 

"This is my first time wearing a suit, I feel weird," I sighed, messing with the tie again. Tsukki's hands came up and pulled my hands away. 

"You look handsome in a suit," Tsukki whispered in my ear, his breath fanning across my neck. my face burned as I covered my cheeks and mouth with my hands. 

"You guys are so fucking cute," Akiteru smiled from the doorway. I jumped out of Tsukki's hold, my face burning brighter than before. 

"Really? Don't you ever knock?!" Tsukki yelled at his brother. 

"If I knock then I don't get to see your cute moments!" He whined with a child-like face.

"Get the hell out!" Tsukki yelled. 

"Fine, fine, but we're leaving soon!" Akiteru told us before backing away from the door. I ran a hand through my hair before realizing that I might have messed it up. I turned to the mirror again, fixing the strands that stood up. 

"How are you feeling?" Tsukki asked me, resuming his spot behind me. 

"Nervous, scared, tired, nervous," I listed off on my fingers, gaining a chuckle from Tsukki. 

"Everything's going to be fine, we'll all be here for you, and there is no way your mom won't be charged. With all the evidence they have, I expect the trial to be quick," Tsukki said, and I nodded, but it didn't do much to lower my nerves. "Are you scared to see your mom again?" His voice was quiet, but I still heard it. I sighed before nodding my head again. 

"She can't do anything. She'll be surrounded by security guards and police officers, there will be people around, and whenever you feel scared just know that you have friends and family around you at all times," Tsukki explained, holding onto me tighter. 

I smiled up at my boyfriend, kissing him gently on the lips before pulling him out of the room and towards the living room where the Tsukishima family was getting ready. 

"Ah! Tadashi! How are you, dear?" Tsukishima-san asked, taking my hands in hers. 

"I'm fine, just nervous," I smiled at her. 

"That's understandable, just take a few deep breaths. We'll be leaving soon," She explained to Tsukki and I before rushing to help Akiteru with his hair.