Day after

I woke up to my phone's alarm going off. I hit the off button and sat up. I had dozens of texts from my teammates, mostly Tsukki though. 

He got more and more panicked the longer I didn't respond, and I felt bad for not saying anything to him about my disappearance. 

Me: Sorry! My dad took me out of school early and I fell asleep before I could respond! 

I felt a little bad about lying, but I knew it would be better if I did. With the Preliminaries coming up, and Tsukki's already worried mind, I didn't want to add to his stress. 

I slowly got ready for the day, putting my school uniform on and packing my school bag. I crept out of my room and into the kitchen for an apple or something to eat on the walk to school. I found my mom in the living room, her eyes snapping to me as I walked in. 

I froze as she stormed up to me, her face inches from mine. 

"You stupid fucking brat, I tried to be nice, but I see now that didn't work," She seethed. I took a step back and started hurrying for the door, but before I could escape a book slammed into my back. I stifled a yell as I slammed the door behind me, quickly running down the street. 

I was panting by the time I got to the school, and my back ached from where the book hit me. 

"Hey! Tadashi! Where were you yesterday?" Noya asked as he ran over to me. 

"Hey! Sorry, my dad took me out of school early! I should be at practice today though!" I tried for a smile, but my emotions were too jumbled to make it look casual. 

"Whatever you say, man, Tsukishima was really worried about you!" Noya laughed, meanwhile my face turned bright red. 

It made me happy that my teammates were worried, but I also felt bad for making them stressed. 

I decided to go to class, but I couldn't pay attention at all during the lesson. Lunch came and I was greeted with the usual scene of Tsukki waiting outside my classroom door. 

"You ok?" He asked once he saw me. I nodded my head, but that didn't seem to fully please him.

"Why did you're dad take you out of school?" Tsukki asked next. I knew he was going to ask this and prepared a response. 

"He had some stuff to do around the house and needed help, I just forgot to look at my phone until this morning, sorry Tsukki," I said, scratching the back of my head while giving him a soft smile. 

"It's fine, but make sure you text me next time," Tsukki muttered. I nodded my head as we made our way over to the lunch table. 

"Hey, Tadashi! Will you be joining us for practice today?" Daichi asked as we sat down. 

"Yeah! Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday!" I said, feeling worse for not texting them. 

"It's fine! glad your back!" He responded. 

"Saltishima and Coach Ukai were really worried!" Hinata yelled at me, making me blush. I glanced over at Tsukki who was glaring at Hinata. 

"Wait, coach Ukai too?" I said, fully processing what he said. 

"Yeah, him and Tsukki, like, looked at each other and they started stressing!" Hinata continued, making the whole team glance at each other before turning their attention onto me. I looked at Tsukki again, his face dusted pink as he shrugged. 

I suddenly realized what they thought and felt bad considering they were right. No one else said anything about it though, but I could tell they were all going to be paying more attention to it now.