Training camp

Coach worked us hard. We did so much receives everything hurt afterward. 

I was determined to get better, and Coach Ukai's words weren't going to bring me down! I knew receives were one of my weak points, but practice makes perfect! 

I got Suga to set for me so I could practice my spikes. I wasn't that great, but I was getting better, and I think the others were starting to see how determined I was! 

The car ride over to the training camp was pretty boring, other than Hinata, Tanaka, and Nishinoya yelling about various things the whole time. Tsukki even offered one of his headphones so we could listen to music together! 

I made sure to wear my binder on the way over, deciding to wear it as much as possible when we weren't training. I could tell Tsukki didn't really like it considering he glared at me when he noticed I was wearing it, but I didn't care that much. I was more worried about others finding out I was a girl at the training camp! There were a number of things that could go wrong! I just hoped Tsukki had my back so nothing too extreme happened. 

The training camp building was pretty cool, but of course, Hinata had to make a big deal out of it. Not to mention Nishinoya and Tanaka groveling at Kioko's feet. The gym and exercise rooms were pretty cool though. I was going to do everything in my power to push myself forward! 

Training continued just like before, only this time everyone was in close quarters constantly. We all slept in the same room, and because we were all "Guys" We changed in the same room too, except for me who beelined for the bathroom every time we had to change. 

We got our jerseys too! I was 12 while Tsukki was 11. I was still on the sidelines with Suga and some of the other second years, but the game still made me excited! Our starting lineup was super strong, and I knew Tsukki, Kageyama, and Hinata would be able to win! 

Tsukki and I sat down on our sleeping bags. I was scrolling through my phone while Tsukki read a book he brought with him. 

"What do you think the Nekoma team is like?" I asked him. He looked up from his book and thought for a second. 

"I've heard their team is pretty strong, but I doubt they'll win against us. As much as I hate to say it, we've got some strong players on our team," Tsukki said. I smiled at him.

"Aww, does that mean you believe in your teammates?" I asked him, giving him a sly look. He shoved me hard on the shoulder, making me fall over. 

"That's not what I'm saying at all!" He growled, glaring at me. 

"Yeah yeah, say what you will, but I've seen how you're starting to open up more to their moves," I chuckled. 

"I'd still do better with you on the team. I trust you, and I know how you play. I know how to set to you so you can spike, Kageyama's sets piss me off," Tsukki says, turning back to his book. 

"I'd only hold you guys back, or mess up on the court. It's better for me to be on the bench," I responded, looking down at my hands with a weak smile. 

"You're being self-critical again, knock it off," Tsukki growled at me, breaking me out of my train of thought. 

"Right, sorry Tsukki," I smiled, going back to my phone. 

Mom: Kimiko! How's your camp?  my mother's text popped up and I cringed at the name. I clicked on the notification. 

Me: Fine, I'm training a lot. My team might win against Nekoma, but we'll have to see. I sent back, shrugging off the name.