coach

Our match with Nekoma was coming up, and everyone was working a lot harder than before. Takeda also seemed to be planning something, and it wasn't until our new coach came that we realized what it was. 

Coach Ukai seemed intimidating, and all the other upperclassmen seemed in awe of him. I was nervous about how he would coach, but any coach was better than none. He seemed to size each of us up with his eyes, judging us from the moment he walked into the gym. He said he was only staying until after the Nekoma game. 

Apparently, he was the grandson of the famous coach Ukai from before. That would explain his experience in the sport. It was his first day, and he already got us a practice game with some nearby players! 

While we were warming up and practicing our hits, some people started flowing into the gym, looking around and commenting about how nostalgic it was for them. They must be the player's Coach Ukai rounded up! 

Even Asahi came around! Though, the coach didn't really give him a chance to explain that he wasn't playing. With Asahi playing, Nishinoya agreed to join too! We had to transfer Suga to the other team, which put a lot of emotional stress on our team. 

I had to man the scoreboard, but I wasn't as disappointed as before. These veteran players were really good! We even got to show off our quick attack to the coach and the neighborhood association, shocking both of them! 

It felt great to have an attack that surprised and intimidated the opposing team. I hoped it would be enough to convince the coach to stay. 

Asahi was a strong attacker, his spikes almost knocked Kageyama to the ground, and he had Nishinoya to recover the blocked ball so he had another try. There was no way I could compete with them, I could barely do a good receive, but I was happy to have them on the team, even if it wasn't clear yet if Asahi would stay. Our Ace was starting to get his confidence back though, which was a really good sign for us, even if he was on the opposite team right now. 

The third and second years were incredible, and our first years were getting better. Our team could be amazing! 

The Neighborhood Association won the first set, but we got pretty close. 

Hinata got hit with one of Asahi's spikes, which as itself should have been pretty painful, but he also gained the furry of Kageyama, resulting in a fight in the middle of a match. Kageyama even challenged the other team by revealing their next move. Even with 3 blockers on him, Hinata still moved around them, winning another point. I couldn't believe someone so small was able to move that quickly, I'd never be able to do anything like that. 

One of the Neighborhood Association guys served a jump float. It was incredible! The ball didn't spin at all, making it incredibly powerful! With a serve like that, I might be able to help my team more! 

We had a whole team now! We had incredible players, even if I wasn't apart of it, and we had a coach that knew what he was doing! I was excited about our future matches!