Chapter 20: The Mission

LILY

"And our first place is no other than...................................... LILY FOSTER!"

"I told you."

I gulped. He won the bet, ano nang mangayayari?

Naglakad ako papunta sa stage at kinuha yung certificate.

"Congrats. First time mo ito hindi ba?" Tanong ng principal namin.

"Opo Ma'am."

"Not bad for a first timer. Now smile!" And then the camera flashed three times.

"Its for our documentation and for the school paper." Our principal said while smiling.

I only nodded and then bumaba na ako at pinuntahan si Cris.

"So........-"

"The bet. Anong sasabihin mo." I said while pouting.

"Sumama ka sa akin mamaya." He said as a playful smirk plastered in his face.

"Pasaan tayo?"

"Kakain."

"Mamaya?"

He nodded.

"Okay. Wala naman akong gagawin eh."

And then naglakad na kami palabas ng hall.

"Sure ka? Baka may date kayo or something.."

I rolled my eyes. "Wala nga sya dito eh. So paano kami mag d-date?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

Umiling na lang sya. "May LQ ba kayo?"

"L-lQ? Wala noh." Sabi ko sabay iwas ng tingin.

Wait ng mumukha akong guilty dito. Wala naman talaga kaming LQ ni Claide eh. Ako lang yung sinigawan sya kahapon.

I sighed. Baka iniiwasan nya ako dahil akala nya may nagawa syang mali.

"Deep thoughts? Care to tell?"

I sighed. "Nothing."

"Lets go?" Sabi nya sabay bukas ng pinto ng kotse.

Pagkapasok namin sa loob agad ko na syang tinanong. "Ano bang gusto mong sabihin?"

"Lily... becareful when you're with the Tuazon's.. when you're with me and Claide.."

"What are you talking about?"

He shook his head. "Lily, sometimes the people around you, are your greatest enemy. Sometimes.. they are the one to comfort you, and sometimes they are the ones that will hurt you."

"What do you mean, Cris? Tell me exactly what it is!"

"Hindi lahat ng kaibigan mo kaibigan ang turing sayo.-"

"Liar! Claide is my friend you are my friend. Hindi ba kaibigan din ang turing mo sa akin?" I said helplessly. Ano bang pinag sasasabi mo Cris?

"Lily.. I treated you as a friend.. no more than friends, I treated you more than that.. but, you... you became a hindrance to me.. why are you doing this to me? Making me weak.. making me forgot who really I was.. what did you do to me?"

"Cris.."

He laughed bitterly. "So it is true. When a Tuazon, fall inlove, you became weak, the person you love will became a hindrance.."

"Cris.. please.. don't love me.."

"Tell me, how can I stop my fcking heart?! I already told this fcking heart to not fall inlove with you.. because I already knew.. I already knew that you wil stop me.."

"Cris, what are you talking about?"

"Lily, I love you, please only this time. Kahit ngayon lang, ipatamdam mo din sa akin ang nararamdaman ko. Dahil.. nararamdaman ko, because of you.. I'm changing.. please Lily.."

"Cris.. you know I can't-"

"Because of Claide. Yeah I know.. I was just.. asking." And then he continue driving.

After ng scene nayun naging tahimik kami sa loob ng sasakyan.

"Cris, I'm sorry.."

"For what?"

"Cris.. you know I can't love you back, you know that-"

He smiled bitterly to me. "I know.. but please, let me love you before I return."

"Return?"

"Turn back to who I was. The real me."

"Look Cris, I didn't mean to hurt you-"

"You did not. Actually.." and then he held my hand. " you make me happy."

The next act that he did really surprised me.

He kissed me. He fcking kissed me.

"C-cris.. w-what did you-"

"I kissed you. I already confessed my love for you Lily. "

"Cris-"

"I know what I did isn't right. Your heart belongs to Claide but still, I tried to steal it."

"Cris, I-"

"Thank you for today Lily." And then he smiled wildly to me. "Ihahatid na kita sa loob."

"S-sige. "

And then pumasok na kami sa loob.

I was shocked dahil nandoon pala si Claide. Hinihintay ako sa labas ng bahay.

"Claide.."

"So you're with him.. you're with my cousin."

"Claide let me explain."

He laughed bitterly.

"So kaya pala sinigawan mo ko. Is it because of him?!"

"N-no, C-claide please let me explain-"

"No need to explain, this is what I saw, and it is clear." He said. And then he was about to walk away when Cris halted him.

"Bro, lets talk about this. You misinterpret things-" and then Claide punched him.

"Misinterpret?! I saw it clearly, you kissed her! I saw it. Now tell me, you love her right?! You fcking love her! Balak mo nanaman akong agawan?!"

"Bro hindi kita inagawan-"

"Liar! You took away everything from me-"

"No, I didn't you're under control that time-"

"ENOUGH! please. Kung ako lang ang magiging dahilan ng away nyo, ako nalang ang lalayo.. Claide, kaya ko kasama si Cris ay dahil nung contest, he was the only one there to support me, wala ka nun, absent ka diba?"

"Lily, please d-don't go away.." Cris begged.

"I won't. Don't worry I won't."

"You helped me, so please don't go."

"I won't Cris. I just wanted to cool off. Both of you should." And then I walk away.

I was about to enter our house when Claide said something.

"Sorry for not being there.. I have a mission to attend so I.. can't be there.. I'm sorry.."

"I'm so sorry Claide, for hurting you.. again." And then I left..

I don't wanted to hurt both of them, but I feel that I just did. By only just loving me, I lighted a war between them and I was the one responsible for that.

I wish, everything... went right for us..

A/N: CRIS!!!!!!

~4572Angel