26

Amphitrite's hand rested on my shoulder, a firm, steady pressure as we walked across the sand. Paul and Mr Harrington stood talking, taking the occasional bite out of their food. Pieces and parts of their conversation carried, but I really didn't care too much about school politics. Odds are, I'm gonna get thrown out before the middle of the year anyway.

"Mr Blofis," Amphitrite said. Paul's head snapped up and he stared at us. Mr Harrington followed suit, mouth moving but failing to produce any words. Perfectly reasonable considering the fact there had been no one near me two minutes ago. I don't know why gods like terrifying me, but my step-mom is no different; she popped out of nowhere and nearly gave me a heart attack.

"May I ask why you're here?" Paul asked.

"You know this lady?" Mr Harrington looked at him, eyebrows raised.

"We've never met in person, but he has met my husband." Her hand never leaving my shoulder. The toe of my shoe dragged against the ground, leaving a shallow line in the sand. I could only hope this didn't end badly. All the ways this could end badly flowed through my mind. "I came to pick her up for custody weekend. Is there an issue with that?" A wind picked up around us, tugging at the white dress she wore. Power radiated from her, daring Paul to deny her. 

"No, of course not."

"Good. Come along, Perseus." 

There was no choice, no chance to resist. As she guided me away, I didn't risk looking back at Paul. She wouldn't actually hurt me, right? My mind said she wouldn't, that Dad would be upset with her if she did, but it wouldn't be the first time that gods have went against each other, nor the first time a goddess tried to off her step-children. 

Hera and Zeus's relationship has singlehandedly given me the most distrust when it comes to relationships in the immortal world. I did nothing wrong, but my dad cheated on his wife? Ope, I'm dead now.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. Your father simply got held up in a meeting," Amphitrite said, keeping her voice hushed. "Hold on tight, I'm not going to slow down for your sake." Water surrounded me, calming any anxiety I had. Moments later, that calm was brutally ripped away along with one of my shoes. My head spun. Acid burned the back of my throat and I hurled. "For the love of-"

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"No. It's fine. Go on ahead and find your father, I need to find someone to clean this."

"I can-"

"You absolutely will not. Demigod or not, you are still the daughter of the lord of this house. We cannot have you doing a servant's job." I was shoved towards the door, given no real choice in the matter. 

Sighing, I swam into the throne room. Dad was still in the middle of his audience, talking with the occasional gesture thrown in. The council ringed the room, half of them with their eyes trained on me. Heat rose to my face and I ducked my head. I skirted the edge of the room. If I'm right-

"Come here, child," Dad said. Dread pooled in my gut. I swallowed and swam over. "How was the field trip?" No hidden intentions lurked in his voice, and it didn't seem like he was pretending to not know about it, but still...

"Good." My smile was faked, strained as I felt the eyes scanning me. I found myself wishing I had worn longer shorts- Oh, wait. I forgot they don't really make those for girls, do they?

"That's good. Sit." He patted the base of his throne. I hesitated, but made my way towards him. Folding my legs underneath me, I stared out at the councilmen. As the minutes wore on, and as several gazes remained on me, I slowly inched over, pressing myself against Dad's leg. None of these people are gods. None of them are gods. No matter how much I repeated it, I couldn't quash my nerves. 

Atlanteans, even if their existence is a closely held secret only know to those who frequent the waves, may answer to Dad, but they carry the same stupidity that mortals do. Not to say the gods are any smarter, Zeus being a prime example, but if there's one thing I know: sea gods know better than to mess with each other's stuff. Children included. 

"You okay, seahorse?"

I looked up at him. It wasn't easy or fun. My head pressed against the hard coral, my neck was pressed way to far back, and there was a pretty high risk of my hair getting caught. Really glad that I cut it, honestly. Desperation must've shown in my eyes, for his concerned expression quickly doubled. And then it turned to a frown, and that only barely remained a frown as he looked out over the room. With a short sigh, his hand closed around the back of my shirt. He tugged me up and up and then back. If I'm being honest, I thought there'd be more issues. Maybe he'd poke me or tickle me or something else that Mom does. But he didn't. Even with me sitting on his left leg, he was trying.

Didn't mean that a certain someone was going to be okay with this. And I didn't exactly stay silent on the matter. "Pretty sure Amphitrite won't like this,' I said under my breath.

"I know." Dad mumbled his response. "But I'd rather deal with her than have you deal with them." I swallowed. The eyes were still on me, more of them now. I know he was trying to protect me, but he might've just made things worse.

Me: Do some interaction with Peter and Percy

Also me: I don't think Percy's went for visitation in a while

So yeah, you get visitation chapters and IronDad and Spideyson, because why not. Allow me to give you fluff at the same time as i give you....whatever this is

See yah