22

I stared at the ceiling. I'm not allowed to leave the apartment for the next two weeks, unless I have to deal with a monster attack or when I go to Dad's. Even then I'll be limited to the palace waters.

I understand why, I honestly do. I chopped off my hair and, more importantly, I disappeared without leaving a note. For all she knew, I could've been kidnapped again. Still, that didn't mean I was happy with it. How could I have been? I was cooped up in the apartment and every part of me wanted to scream at the containment. I had a feeling it wouldn't be any better at Dad's either, even if it was a bigger area for me to roam.

"Percy." Paul knocked on my door. He pushed it open and stepped inside. My eyes flicked to him before ultimately focusing back on the ceiling. "You okay?"

"Just trying to ignore the panic trying to consume my soul," I said. "Happens everytime I get grounded."

"Maybe try not to get grounded then."

"If only it were that easy."

The floor creaked and then my bed as Paul sat down. He patted my shoulder. "I'm going to run to the store. Need anything?"

"Pads and chocolate."

"Okay. I'll be back soon. Call if anything happens."

I nodded and watched him walk out. I didn't get up, not planning on making them extend the amount of time I had to stay cooped up in the apartment. A sigh broke from my lips. Well, maybe I can take a nap.

Of course, given my record, that didn't happen.

A knock on the window made me look over. Peter waved. Sliding off of my bed, I moved and opened it.

"Uh, hi." He smiled, completely ignoring the blood seeping through his fingers. "Do you by chance know how to remove a bullet?"

"Why is that something you'd assume I would know?"

"You said you got hurt a lot."

"You should've went to the hospital, but lucky for you, I actually do know how to do this." I pulled him inside and to the bathroom. I sat him on the edge of the tub, before grabbing the first aid kit. "I'm going to call one of my friends later and have him teach you how to do this yourself. How'd you even get shot anyway?"

"Stray bullet?"

I ignored the fact that he was obviously lying and did what I could to fix him up. I'm not Will. I can't do a good job healing and then lecture on why getting hurt like this was stupid. You'd think I'd be able to considering how often I found myself in the infirmary.

I washed the blood from my hands. "Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't bleed out." I hit the back of his head. "And next time go to an actual doctor instead of a girl who knows random skills."

"Noted. So, I'm guessing you got grounded?"

I nodded. "Two weeks. I'm not allowed out of the apartment except if it and emergency or if I'm at my dad's. Even then I'm limited to his place. I want to die." I gave an exaggerated whimper.

Peter laughed. "Mood. I have some bleach at my place."

"Why are you so uncultured? I'll just jump out the window."

"Do a backflip."

I laughed. It was nice to do this without the overhanging threat all demigods face. It's one thing to joke around with mortals, but when we're faced with death constantly, demigods tend to use less fatalistic humor and more bad puns and dad jokes.

Not to say we don't use fatalistic humor at all, we've all done the time to go jump off the climbing wall joke at least once.

"So how do you know how to remove a bullet?" Peter asked.

"Well, I know how to remove arrows too. Bullets are actually easier. Arrows you need to break off and push all the way through. All you-"

Peter's phone rang. He glanced at it. His eyes widened and he answered the phone. "Uh, hi Mr Stark. What do you need?" He winced and held the phone away as yelling came through. "Mr Stark, my ears."

I snatched the phone from him. "Hey, how's it going? Peter's two feet away from me and I could hear you yelling at him from here. Call back when he's in his own apartment. Bye." I hung up.

"You can't just hang up on Mr Stark!"

"I just did." I tossed his phone back to him. "Besides, it's not the first time I've done something rude. There's a reason my uncles kinda want me dead you know," I said. Peter raised an eyebrow. "I may or may not sass them in front of the rest of the family. Which they don't exactly appreciate."

"So your uncles want to kill you because you're too sassy?"

"It's more of a they don't want to lose the respect of the others thing. If I get away with talking to them the way I do, they're afraid others will. I don't really think that's much of an issue though, everyone else is too scared of them to even think about doing that. The most my one cousin will fo is follow his dad around and bug him, he's not willing to actually argue."

"I kinda want to meet your cousins sometime."

"I'll tell Will to bring Neeks with him when I have him teach you how to take care of yourself. I'm not sure you want to meet Thals, there's a high chance of her killing you or- well, I'll leave it at that."

I'll tell you what. Coronavirus is going to make my freshman year of college hell. Especially since the college I'm going to (Miami University) is in a county that's almost at level 4.

So either classes are going to be all online or hybrids. I need school environment. Otherwise my brain doesn't brain. Well it brains but it brains and give me fatigue and a headache.

On the bright side...uh...

My mom is managing to get us internet (for the ungodly price of 70 dollars a month. For the first 6 months and then it goes up. Yay living in a place where you can only get satellite internet.)

See yah