8

"Here you go." May sat a plate in front of me and I thanked her.

I quietly dug into my food, glancing around the room. I can escape through the door or from the fire escape. Which is kinda what the fire escape is for, but that's my second option.

"So, how is being back home?" May asked.

"Um...well, I never lived here before so it's a bit of an adjustment." I mumbled. "I'm used to being closer to the Empire State building."

"How'd your visit go? I didn't see you come home. Mr Stark and I were working on the car all day."

"He means they goofed around and fixed the car in an hour." May grinned.

"It was...nice I guess. I didn't die so that's good. And I spent the night at my dad's because I ran into him on the way home and-" I groaned. "For fisherman who left before I was born, he sure is overprotective."

"He takes care of his own." Mom said. "This is really good. May, you have to give me the recipe."

"I can write down for you as soon as we finish eating."

"Thank you."

"Hey Percy, what's your dad like?" Peter asked.

"Uh well he-"

There was a knock at the door and May stood up. "I'll get it."

She didn't undo the chain before she opened the door. "Can I help you?"

"Is Percy here?" An all too familar voice asked, causing me to groan.

I stood up and walked to the window. I opened it and climed out onto the fire escape. Then I started heading towards the roof.

Once there, I sighed and laid on the sun warmed roof. I closed my eyes and did my best to relax.

"Hey Percy, who is that guy?" Peter's head popped up from behind the roof's edge. He climbed up and sat on the edge.

"My...brother. Well not really. He's like my half brother." I guarentee that if I say something about us being siblings he'll use the whole gods don't have DNA thing.

"I'm not actually related to you." And speak of the devil.

"Look at you on land. Finally decide to trade your fins for feet? You couldn't have sold your voice?"

"I can kill you."

"But if you do, Dad will ground you or something."

"It would be worth it. I'd be rid of you."

I sighed. "What do you want?"

"He forgot to give this to you and he thought it'd be a sign of goodwill if I brought it. Here you go." He threw something through the air and I caught it.

It was a thin platinum bracelet, free of decorations.

"Why?"

"He just told me to give it to you. And he told me to tell you to wear it. That's all. Now if you excuse me, I have a date."

I slipped the bracelet onto my wrist. I hope this is just some sort of early birthday present or something.

Even if he is my dad, he's still a god. And gods don't do things without expecting something in return.

"It's a nice bracelet." Peter commented. "Why do you look so upset?"

"No one on that side of my family gives things out for free, or without them having a dual purpose. Last year I got a sand dollar from my dad. I had to trade it to two people to get something from them." I said, watching Triton disappear over the side of the roof. "And since he brought this, it makes me feel like there's going to be a big price to pay for this."

I stood up and looked down at Peter before I offered him a hand. "We should get down there before my mom thinks I got kidnapped again."

"I told them I'd be up here with you, so we can hang out for a little bit
If you want I mean."

Why not?

I sat back down and after a few moments of awkward silence we started having a...relatively normal conversation. If you can call him asking a bunch of questions and me deflecting them a normal conversation.

We talked until the sun began to set at which point Peter stood up.

"I should probably start getting ready for bed. See you tomorrow?"

"If I don't wake up dead." I smiled and walked over to the actual stairs as Peter went down the fire escape.

When I walked into the apartment and dropped my jacket on the floor. Mom and Paul didn't look up from what they were doing.

"What did Triton want?" Mom asked.

"Dad wanted me to have this bracelet so he had Triton bring it. I'm going to go to bed."

"You slept all day." Paul said.

"Doesn't mean I'm not tired. I'm...I need to sleep. If I don't, I doubt I'll ever be in a good enough spot to start processing what happened. So I'm gonna get a shower and-"

I cut off when Paul stood up and unwrapped the bandages around my arms.

"I don't want to see anything else like this, okay? And I want these healed when you get out of the shower."

"But-"

"No buts Percy. With the amount you strain yourself they'll just get infected." Mom added. "If you don't I'm not making you cookies."

"Jokes on you, I know how to make them."

"Perseus Psyche Jackson, go heal them."

"Fine fine." I sighed and headed for the bathroom.

As I stripped out of my clothes, I looked back at the bracelet.

I hope the price for this isn't too high.

So....

Have this crap

And maybe go check out my new story Death's Apprentice

And uh...

What do you think will happen/ what do you think the bracelet is for

Anyway

See yah