1

"I'll call you later Ned. May said she'd kill me if she found out I was skateboarding and talking again."

"Dude why do you use a skateboard? You can literally swing from webs."

"Bye Ned." I hung up and turned a corner.

My eyes widened and I stopped just before I hit somebody.

I grabbed my skateboard and looked up to apologize but the person was already gone.

"You know, if I were you, I'd apologize for almost ramming into me."

Turning around I saw a raven-haired girl a little bit older than me. Despite her words, she had a smile on her face.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I grinned sheepishly. "Didn't see you until last second."

"It's cool. My name's Percy." She offered me a hand, which I took, and pulled me up.

"Peter Parker. Where are you headed?"

She tilted her head, brow furrowed. Then she fished a piece of paper out of her pocket and handed it to me.

An address was written on it that made me raise an eyebrow.

"What?" She narrowed her eyes at me slightly. "Going to rob me?"

"No, it's just...you're going to my neighbor's apartment." I handed her back the paper.

"Sweet, can you uh...help me get there? I don't feel like missing it because I'm not paying attention."

I nodded and started walking, skateboard tucked under my arm.

"So...how do you know Sally? Or do you have Mr Blofis?" I've never seen her at school so that-

"Sally's my mom." A faint smile crossed her face.

Meanwhile a frown appeared on mine. So...

She's the reason Sally cries.

"You should have left more than a message." The words came out before I could stop them.

"Yeah...that was kinda impossible." She twisted a strand of her hair.

I bit back my reply, choosing instead to stare straight ahead.

How could she say that? I've been able to hear her mom's crying and sobbing every night.

I even went over there once in my suit. That...was a fun night.

Never thought someone could throw a shoe that hard. To be honest, sneaking in through an open window probably wasn't the best idea.

"Here." I walked up to the door and went in heading for the stairs.

Percy rushed up the stairs, taking them two at a time.

I quickly caught up to her but she made it out of the stairwell first.

"Woo! I win!" Another smile crossed her face, then it quickly faded. "Which door?"

"That one." I pointed, leaning against the wall.

Percy lifted her hand, hesitated, then took a deep breath and knocked.

The door remained close, footsteps audible from inside. See this is when I appreciate having enhanced senses.

Though it does suck during fire drills.

Percy went to knock again but the door opened.

Sally stared at her for a second, mouth hanging open slightly. It took her a few seconds but she eventually whispered one word.

"Percy?"

A weak smile appeared on her face as she stared back. "Hey Mom."

Sally pulled Percy into a tight hug, which Percy quickly returned, her fingers turning white.

As I watched this...I couldn't feel angry at what Percy had put Sally through.

She's crying...and I  don't think she's faking it.

"It's okay, Percy. It's okay." Sally ran her hands through her daughter's hair, trying to calm her down.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." The apology was forced out between sobs and if I wasn't feeling awkward before I sure am now.

"Percy, how about you go put your stuff away and you can tell me what you've been up to okay?" Sally gently pried her daughter off of her and guided her inside.

Moments later she came back out. "Peter, if you want you and May can come over for dinner." Then she disappeared back inside, this time closing the door behind her.

Sighing I opened the door and went in, only to see Aunt May sitting at the table going through some papers.

"Sally invited us over for dinner."

"Okay, how about you go get changed?"

"This is fine May." I protested, gesturing to my hoodie and sweats.

She raised an eyebrow. "Change."

Sighing I entered my bedroom and pulled off my hoodie, revealing my suit beneath it.

As I changed only one thought was running through my mind. Where was Percy?

Percy

I crashed on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I could tell Peter was mad at me.

Hades, I'm mad at me. I should have left her more than a voicemail saying that I was alive.

But what was I supposed to say?

Hey Mom, I don't know exactly what's going on but there's a giant that wants to kill me and we have to go get something and try to get back before a certain date so we don't die?

Somehow that seems like a worse idea.

I groaned and sat up. All I know is, I can't tell her the truth. I need to tell her something believable.

Something that's not as bad as torture...

Something that's better than my friends are all dead...

Dam it. Why is this going to be so hard to do?

I leaned forward putting my head in my hands.

Why do I have to keep lying?

No.

Why does stuff keep happening that I have to lie about?

Here's the first chapter

So if you want this to be the next book

Vote here

And sorry if this is crap I haven't eaten yet.

And...

I'll need a lot of ideas to help in this

Anyway

(This book lost.)

See yah