Chapter 21

"Sonic you're too anxious," Tails groaned. The team had been waiting for a few hours now, after receiving a message from Sally for a team meeting. That was rare.

"What if something really bad happened? The only time Sally had ever called was when Kingdom of Acorn was in danger. What if there's--"

"Oh shut it hedgehog," Blaze groaned, chucking a remote control at the Cobalt hero, hitting him on the temple. "You stress too much just like Silver. Do all hedgies have the same temperment?"

Sonic pouted and Tails laughed. "You can exclude Amy, Scourge and Shadow from that package, Blaze. I think it's just those two hedgies."

"Not true," Sonic grumbled, grabbing Tails in a headlock. The two-tailed fox squirmed as Sonic ruffled his fur. Blaze rolled her eyes and went to sit at the window. She felt that it would be a while until everyone else would get at the house.

-cCc-

One of the last people to get to the meeting was Scourge. He still had both casts on, so he struggled quite a bit. Shadow happened to be with him, and, after a while of waiting behind him struggling to get in, picked him up and carried him in.

Scourge stuck his tongue out at Shadow, whom promptly ignored it. "So Chippie, what's this meeting about?" Scourge asked Sally. The chipmunk laughed nervously as she fidgetted with her fingers, not really minding the nickname. Matter fact, she blushed a little.

However, there was someone in the room who minded. A lot. Sonic got up from his spot as his emerald eyes burned holes into Scourge's fur. "What did you call her?"

Sally stopped giggling and stared at the cobalt hero. "Sonic what's wrong with you?"

Scourge looked back at Sonic and smirked. "Why are you getting all worked up for? You're not dating Sally, are you?"

The blue hedgehog faltered at this. Right. He wasn't dating Sally anymore. And...he was certain he had feelings for Amy. So why was he jumping the gun to get at Scourge for calling Sally a nickname?

"Sit down faker, you're embarrassing yourself." Shadow said, moving to force the guy down. All Sonic did was glare at the ebony hog in anger before huffing and looking the other way.

Sally sighed once she saw the room was in order. But as she was about to talk, Tails interrupted. "Where's Rouge and Knuckles?"

"By Mobius you guys don't let that poor girl finish one sentence before you interrupt her. And, if you must know, we were busy."

Knuckles stepped out from behind Rouge and lifted a brow. "A surprise for everyone."

They both moved out of the way to reveal the pinkette they have been worrying about. "Amy!" Came the chorus of voices. Said hedgehog smiled at everyone in the room.

"Hi guys. It's nice to see you all again."

Quite literally for me as well on Amy's last statement. I had been stumped on this chapter for quite a while and just couldn't find a way to go about it. Hence why its ridiculously short. And the immense wait you guys went through probably will have you like "seriously??! That's it!!?"

Yes... that's it. Stone me gently.

In the end, I went the sort of easy route. Now we can start getting to the good part and I'm excited!