Chapter 3

"Your plan is to go back to Amy's house and search again?" Shadow asked. He looked at Sonic annoyed, almost angry that he suggested that.

"Yes, Faker. My plan is to go back to Amy's house and search again. You got a problem with that?" Sonic retorted. Shadow's eyes widened and his fur began to bristle everywhere, a low growl could be heard. Just as he was about to take his first step to beat some sense into Sonic, Rouge intercepted and shook her head at Shadow.

Looking down at Rouge then at Sonic, Shadow grunted and rolled his eyes, walking away. "I think what Shadow meant was, why go back and search when you already did that?"

"He needs help. Sonic wants to be thorough with searching her house and wants us to help him," Sally said, coming up from behind him. Her hand rested on Sonic's shoulder as she spoke to Rouge.

Rouge pursed her lips. "Alright. Let's do it."

To say Shadow was mad was an understatement. He was pissed. He sat near a window and sent daggers toward the blue hero. The blue hedgehog was here wasting time when they could've gone searching for Rose. His face softened at the thought of her. Amy. Was she okay? Was she hurt somewhere? Or did someone kidnap her?

"Who's up for a search?" Asked Sonic. There was a murmur that filled the air, and Sonic's face dropped slightly.

"I am," Sally said, stepping forth.

"Me too. Pinkie is my best friend," Rouge said, stepping forth too. Cream and Cheese, once they stopped crying, stood up too.

"I say we should look for her regardless of the vote," Blaze's calm voice said.

"True," Shadow said. Everyone turned to look at him, surprised. Heck, Shadow surprised himself with answering. Oh well, no stopping now. "Amy is a valuable asset to the team. She's what kept everyone together when we wanted to break apart. She's important to all of us. Absolutely no vote, nor decision. We go now."

-cCc-

"Care to explain why the door is in smitherines, faker?" Shadow sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You had to break in didn't you."

"Hey, not all of us have Chaos powers like you do, Android!" Sonic shot back.

There were pieces of wood all over the floor. Only bigger pieces remained where the hinges of the door were. Even then, they struggled to stay on.

"Who are you calling Android?" Shadow growled, fur bristling.

"Guys, guys, you both are pretty but lets focus on the task at hand," Sally said, cutting between the two male hedgehogs. She walked into the house and immediately suppressed the urge to gag. "Sonic?" Sally called out in a strained voice.

"What is it Sally?" He asked, walking in. Sonic's face contorted and yelled out his frustration.

"HOLY SHET IT STANK!" He held onto his nose and Sally hollered in laughter. Silver popped in and there was a small blue bubble of psychokinises around his mouth. "You bastard." Silver shrugged and made his way to the kitchen.

"Well. Did it 'stank' last night Sonic?" Silver asked. A grunt came as his answer and Silver shook his head. Using his powers he moved the spoiled food into trash bags, then proceeded to throw them out the window. "It's okay to come in now guys!" Silver shouted.

Everyone bustled into the house, crowding the front door. "Okay, now we're gon- h-hey Shadow wait for instructions!" Sonic yelled as Shadow barreled his way through the team and stomped upstairs.

"Let him Sonic," Rouge said. He's just trying to ease his heart. "We're here to search the house right?"

Knuckles wrapped an arm around Rouge. "Batwoman here is right. We all have the same goal. Find clues to find Amy. The faster this is done, the faster I can go back home to my emeralds."

Rouged groaned, rolling her eyes and pushed his arm off, storming away. "You know man. If you want to win her heart, stop talking like a lovesick fool for inanimate objects," Sonic laughed.

"Yeah, well, you guys have fun with that," Sally laughed. "I'm off to find Rouge before she breaks something."

-cCc-

Shadow walked down the hall, opening doors to see what he would find. Under door one was a bathroom. Under door two was a closet. Door three was a...room. He walked into the room but it felt cold, empty. He doubted it was Rose's bedroom. The next door he opened was also a room, but again, not her room.

As he neared the final door, Shadow's only thought was please let this be it. He didn't really know what to expect to find behind the door, but when he opened it, it was as if she were still there.

Her bed was made, the curtains were drawn and her vanity was pristine. When he stepped into the room, he could feel her warmth lingering in the air of the room. He turned around and closed the door. Shadow walked slowly through the room. He sat down on her bed and looked around. When was the last time this room had been used.

The walls were a cream color, however when looked at closely, one could see the pale, shimmery, intricate designs painted on her walls. The floor was wooden, a small rug at his feet let him know this was the side she would get off and on her bed.

His crimson gaze then landed on the dresser next to her bed. There was a small lamp, her alarm clock and... He frowned. A picture frame. It had been knocked down, probably in Sonic's haste last night. He reached over and grabbed it, turning it over in his gloved hands to see the photo. Shadow, however, wasn't ready to see what they were.

Instead of one photo, it was two. And they were here at her house. Last year, there was going to be a meteor shower. There was a meteor shower. Rose had known about it and invited the team over to her house for a cook out. Everyone had gone but him. However, Rose hunted him down and brought him over. Shadow laughed at the memory. He smiled softly and ran his thumb over her face. He could feel his chest warming at the two pictures.

It was already nighttime, and the back porch lights were on creating a sort of halo effect. Amy had basically thrown herself onto Shadow. At the time, he remembered being uncomfortable, not used to affection. In the photo, however, Amy had been looking at him with the same look she had been giving Sonic for many years: admiration. Love. A small smile danced on her lips while Shadow himself was looking away, flustered with his muzzled all red.

In the next photo, Amy pointed at the sky, talking about something, the meteors most likely, with a smile on her face. Her eyes were filled with excitement. And, the more he glanced between the photos, he noticed she had pressed herself closer to him, hugging him tighter. He himself had finally looked over at her and his crimson eyes stared at her with awe. A small blush covered his muzzle still, and his lips had turned upward into a slight smile.

Shadow only then realized how much he truly cared for the girl. Before, he thought of it as a crush. But now that he measured the magnitude of his feelings, he knew.

Rose had found a way into his heart, and made herself home there.

Remembering why he was there in the first place, he set the frame back onto the dresser and opened up a drawer. He squinted, seeing something going with the light of the room. Shadow reached in with a gloved hand and pulled out a necklace.

It was a crystal rose locket. Shadow pursed his lips. He knew if he opened it, he would most likely break it. So he left it as is. Next he got off and patted her bed, to see if anything was hidden there. Sure enough, under her pillow was a book. A locked book. He groaned. Was there anything easy to open that she left behind?

The last place to check was her vanity. Her closet had been left wide open, with one look he knew there was nothing left. He opened up each drawer one by one, double checking that there truly wasn't anything inside. When Shadow opened the last drawer, a album literally thunked towards him. He reached down for the album and, concluding that's all there had to be found, went back down stairs to the team.