Chapter 12

We were on our way to Rosy's soccer game. Everyone was smiling and happy, the warm feeling in my belly growing and growing. I would never be this happy again.

Dad was rambling off how we should have a soccer game, and invite Uncle Mike and Aunt Tini to play. We all burst out laughing, knowing it would get competitive and bickering would take place between the two of them. Mom's calm voice talked about future trips, that had all of us worked up and excited.

Going to Niagra falls, going to Disney world, possibly going to New York and all the wonders.

My brother talked about wrestling and told jokes and funny happenings. It was nice to hear all of this, and all I could do was smile. I looked down and ruffled my orange skirt. Maybe it was a time for a change. Just maybe.

Dad only looked off the road for two seconds. Two. Turned out to be the worst decision of his life. Of their lives.

Something had swung out, or jumped out, and made the car hit and swerve out of control. There was screaming everywhere. I was screaming, but it didn't feel like I was. I felt someone's arms come around me, taking me away from the nightmare.

Dad's head was hanging sideways, his eyes wide open with shock, blood running down his forehead. The was a piece of glass stuck into the aide of his neck. His muzzle looked pale.