Chapter 2

One night, Sonic was walking down a familiar street. He didn't know exactly what lead him onto that street but there he was. The sound of his shoes tapping on the cement echoed around him. He could hear the faint sound of people inside of their houses enjoying themselves.

He shook his head. Sonic looked ahead and paused. There it was. The small, brown two floored house. Once upon a time, he wouldn't have dared to even be on this street - Amy used to have this psychic thing where if his foot crunched anywhere on the street, she'd be there in a heartbeat.

However at one point, three years ago, she stopped. She kept her distance from him and strange enough, he missed those bonecrushing hugs. The terrible sound of her yelling out "Sonic!" Whenever he was busy. Her admiration for him. Heck, nearly everything. Amy had literally made a place in his life, then she just uprooted herself and left a empty space.

Sighing, he walked up to her house. The lights were on, but he heard no types of sounds. He knocked on the door and waited patiently. And then again. And again. Every time, no answer.

Images of Amy being hurt began to flash in his mind. No. That couldn't be right. Sonic backed up and then spindashed into the door. "Amy!"

He searched each corner of the house, trying to be thorough. However his nerves were going haywire. Where was Amy? Everything in her house was gone. And so was she. It was as if she upright disappeared. Or worse, was just a figment of imagination.

That night he couldn't sleep. Thoughts were running wild. Had she run away? Did someone kidnap her? Why were her things gone? A million questions filled his head and none were answered. By the time the sun came up, Sonic was on the brink of insanity.

He needed help. Not just mentally, physically. He couldn't conduct a search and rescue by himself. He grabbed a com resting on his drawer. His eyes flickered to the pale pink one that was next to his. It was Amy's. It was the only thing he found.

The only thing that could've aided in finding her, was in his possession. He switched on his com and took a deep breath. "Blue Blur to X Tornado. Do you read?" There was a sound static before bird noises came through. A blue sky could be seen on the small screen in his hand.

"X Tornado here. What's up?" The screen quickly switched to a yellow fox who was already soaring through the air.

"Hey buddy. Could you gather up the team and meet up here? Emergency meeting."

Tails nodded. "Hey, are you okay? You don't look so good."

Sonic sighed and nodded. "I'm fine. I just didn't sleep well last night. Just... Gather up the team and I'll tell you all a discovery."

"Alright Sonic."

The com switched off and he put it back on the drawer. Sonic buried his face into his hands and groaned. He really wasn't in a good mood. The sun that was shining so brightly greatly contrasted his glum mood. Also, it was ironic that he would be telling his team great news on a beautiful day.

Sonic sighed for what seemed the nintieth time and moved on with his day. All while trying to figure out how he would explain that Amy was missing. "Maybe just say, ' Hey team, notice anyone gone? Oh, Amy is gone? Why, that's because she disappeared! And we're gonna look for her!'".

Sonic stopped and faked amusement on his face, making jazz hands in the process. "Pft, yeah right," he scoffed. He dreaded the meeting. But it had to happen. They had to know, and they needed to find out if Amy was alright. Or if she was even alive.

"Arrrgh Sonic! You better have a good excuse to have brought me away from my emeralds!" Sonic face palmed.

He so was not ready for this.

-cCc-

If anyone had a need to let it rip, it wouldn't have been the best time to let it loose. Everyone was absolutely silent. "What do you mean Pinkie is gone?" Rouge asked. She was furious. Heck, it would be an understatement to say no one was fazed by it.

Knuckles was surprised, Rouge was, well, furious, Blaze seemed unfazed but her eyes flickered back and forth rapidly. Cream and Cheese were crying, Tails trying to console them. Silver put his hands together and leaned forward in thought. Shadow only stared at Sonic. In frustration.

"Hey ba- I mean, Sonic?" He turned around. Sally was there, looking at him unsure.

"What's up, Sal?"

"Do you have a plan?" She asked, her blue eyes searching his emerald ones. He sighed and pulled her away from the group.

"If I'm being honest? No," he said, running a hand through his quills. "I don't know what I'm gonna do or even handle this situation. We've conducted searches before but not like this."

"What's so different about this search?"

"There's no evidence. No clues as to where she could have gone. Or when she left. It's hard to start something when you have nothing." Sonic buried his face into his hands.

Sally grimaced. She looked over her shoulder at the team that cared for one another so much. She sighed and turned her gaze back to Sonic. It hurt her to see him so upset, so sad. More so about Amy. 'He finally realized she's something to him, huh?' She thought.

Sally walked over next to him and wrapped her arms around her ex. She never would have let him go. Sally loved him with all her heart- but she saw how his heart changed and started to care for Amy. Sally realized she had to let him go.

She wanted nothing more than for him to be happy, even if it wasn't with her. This hug was bittersweet. It wasn't how she imagined hugging him again. But he needed someone next to him right now.

"You've got this, hot shot," she whispered. "Take deep breaths and think things through. Baby steps." After a while, when Sally felt Sonic relax she let go. "Okay. From the beginning. You said you went to Amy's house, correct?"

He nodded. "Then, searched every corner and inch of the house, correct?" There it was. Hesitation. "My guess is you were too anxious to think properly and half assed the job, Sonic. I would say start from there. Search the house again, but this time with us."

Sonic took a deep breath and nodded. "Thanks Sal."

Sally gave a small smile. "Anytime Sonic."