Chapter 11

"Turned out that the house still smelled like fart after all," Scourge said, throwing away the last of the paper plates into the garbage bin.

"Yeah, he knocked out as soon as I popped the movie in."

Amy turned her head to look into the living room, where Sonic snored a bit loudly. Tails, Cream and Cheese and Shadow hadn't left yet, having decided to watch the movie.

"Hey Ames, maybe you want to show that guy there the training room. He looks pretty bored in here, wouldn't you say?" Amy turned her head to where Shadow was, his expression dull and, well, expressionless.

Amy shrugged. "If it's okay with you."

Scourge shrugged. "I don't care. Just as long as you guys keep it PG," and he waggled his eyebrows.

Amy felt her face grow hot with embarrassment, and punched her brother several times. "You perverted jerk! This is why I have no boyfriend! How are we even related!?" She growled, punching her brother square on the chest. Scourge broke into a fit of laughter, tears beginning to brim the bottom of his eyes.

Suddenly, Amy was thrown over the couch. "H-hey! No fair!" She called. Cream, Tails and Shadow immediately caught on to what was happening between the two siblings.

He really dared to say that in front of Shadow?! What will he think? Amy got up from her awkward position on the floor and glared at Scourge. She looked over at the crimson streaked hedgehog. He hadn't seemed to be paying attention.

"Pompous jerk." She muttered, her gaze going back to Scourge.

"I get that a lot," he shrugged and faced the TV. Amy sighed in defeat, knowing she wouldn't be able to argue with my older brother. She never could. Even after she had left him and Rosy after... The accident.

Amy turned her gaze at Shadow and pointed behind her. "You wanna go to the training room?" Amy asked. He seemed to have cheered up at that, a spark in his crimson eyes was there and he stood up.

"Lead the way."

Amy nodded, her muzzle dusted with pink. "This way." This was going to be the second time alone with him in the same day. Amh began to think of him, her mind somewhere else and her body subconiously moved forwards to the room.

I may love him, but it might be the same as it was with Sonic. Shadow has been hurt before, though. From what I've figured out, he'd rather not get attached to anyone ever again. I frowned. Poor Shadow. I wish I had met him in his happier times, when Maria was alive. Even if he doesn't love me back... I'll make sure he gets his happily ever after. Even if it isn't with me.

"We're here," Amy announced, patting the side of a wall to find the light switch. Once she found it she smacked it and the lights flickered to life. Turning her gaze to the ebony hedgehog sideways from her, she had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing.

It was the first time she had ever seen any form of shock on his face. Or was it just amusement with a hint of joy?

His eyebrows shot up, ruby eyes were wide with awe, his jaw was dropped open, a bright blush on his tan muzzle and he was slightly slouched. Needless to say, he was looking hotter than ever.

All of a sudden a mental image of Scourge popped up, him waging his eyebrows. Amy growled, my own furrowing. Damn him.

"Amy? Are you alright?" She snapped out of her reverie and laughed nervously. She needed to start watching herself.

"Yeah. I was just remembering something a bit... Infuriating. Anyways, I need to change, can't really do much in this," Amy waved a hand over her persona. He seemed to be in a daze before snapping out of it. Shadow gave a slight nod before heading to look at the weaponry and equipment. Amy sighed and headed to the bathroom, where spare clothing was waiting for her with her name all over them.

-cCc-

When she had growled, it had been a bit startling. Shadow had never heard her growl before.

He thought of her eyes and her smile. The moment between them in her car. She had... Hugged him. Probably in a friendly manner though. Shadow stared after where she had gone, a brown wooden door closed and light peeking out underneath through the crack. She really had changed and hardened her heart. But the old Amy was still alive inside of her.

Sitting down, Shadow thought of the moments he had seen already between Amy and Scourge. Never had he thought a tough guy like Scourge would be so caring and such a softie. Realizing something, Shadow facepalmed. They were alike in that aspect. Tough guy persona but caring toward the same person for different reasons.

"Hey, smacking yourself isn't a good thing." He looked up, jade, electric blue eyes staring into crimson ones. Her hair was piled into the messiest bun ever known, she was wearing a hot red sports bra, a loose tank top and some dark gray sweats. "Hey my face is up here, Shadow."

He felt his face grow hot and Shadow looked at her again. She had the most annoyed look ever. He guessed she doesn't like being checked out at all.

"You can go punch the punching bag. I'm just gonna practice my throws and stuff. Have fun," she said, turning around and walking towards a blue matter wall. Shadow sighed.

Always screwing things up, Shadzy.

Shaking my head, he took off his shoes after noticing Amy was barefooted here. Cracking his knuckles, he eyed the punching bag. This would be a good thing to get all anger out on. Punches and kicks were given the bag. If this were a person, they'd be all green and purple by now.

Hearing a grunt, Shadow stopped what he was doing and saw Amy throwing a hammer towards the matted wall. Shadow looked over and saw a target mat. She's practicing on her aim.

The speed she picked another hammer and launched it at the wall was blinding. Nonetheless, she hit the mark perfectly. From combats Shadow had been with her, she never threw her hammer. Most of the time she just swung it without care. Now, she was a calculating fighter. In a span of three months, his Rose had changed so much.

His eyes widened as she ran to the wall jumped and kicked it, sending her flying backwards. She did it again and again, doing different moves as she proceeded. Amy concluded with a backflip, while in the air though, she threw a hammer, and landed, facing away from the wall.

Once again, she hit the mark perfectly.