Prologue

A hum of mechanical instruments filled the air. The lanky parts of trusty robots in background could be heard. Some grunting, others reprimanded. "You need to do something about those stupid robots, Doc. You can't always rely on machinery."

The man glared at the person who dared to utter such words. "Machinery is much more trustworthy than man." He scrunched his nose and wiggled his stache in disdain. The man opposite of him cleared his throat and nodded. If they were to work together for world domination, he musnt overstep the doctor's boundaries.

"Now. For the instrument to work, we need pure chaos energy. You have tried to get them from that brainless echidna, have you not?" The doctor narrowed his eyes at the word them. As in the chaos emeralds.

The doctor leaned back in his chair and pressed a button. A transparent screen flickered on between the two men and a photo of a red echidna standing in front of the master emerald showed. Next to the photo of the echidna was a photo of seven chaos emeralds.

"Yes. On many occasions. Often times the blue speedster, Sonic the hedgehog had collected most emeralds. So it was near impossible to collect them," the doctor replied. "And even more so now that they have been moved to a secret location."

"So your new plan is?"

"Simple."

The doctor pressed the button again and the photos changed. Now there was a photo of three hedgehogs. Two pink hedgehogs and one green one. They all looked different. However related by blood. And drenched with chaos powers.

"What do those hedgehog brats have to do with anything?" The man asked.

"So many questions Heechul. So many questions and answers are being piled onto each other." The doctor shook his head. "These hedgehog brats happen to have raw chaos energy within them. Or powers. We capture the rest of them and the power is ours."

Heechul shook his head, his brow furrowing. "The rest of them?"

The doctor nodded and leaned forward. "Several years ago, I killed off the parents in what successfully seemed as a accident. Their bodies were brought back to HQ and extracted for chaos energy. You can imagine how dirty it was do even begin the process."

Heechul scooted closer to the edge of his seat. He had never killed anyone before, no matter how much resentment there was in his heart. He licked his lips as he anticipated the next part of the story.

"I tracked down the remainder of the family and managed to capture the eldest of the trio. Rosy the Rascal. I had her work for me under threat. If she didnt work compliantly, I would kill off her two siblings. However if she worked as told-"

"Then her siblings would be fine," Heechul finished. The doctor nodded.

"Right. However, as time went on, the chaos collecting collar I had put on Rosy started to suck her dry, I began to make plans to capture her siblings. However she found out of the plan and hid them. One day when she reported for work, there was a glum look on her face. Meaning something had happened to her siblings. A few months later, she engaged in a heavily guarded robbery. There, they shot her down for stealing." The doctor shook his head.

Heechul grimaced. This was life he had chosen for himself and yet, he couldn't help but squirm as the doctor talked about death with a straight face. "That's a bummer. Did you collect enough chaos energy to get the job done?"

The doctor shook his head and pressed a button again. "Unfotunately, no. The two hedgehog parents and Rosy barely filled half of the tank with energy. Though recently, this will be to our liking." He clicked on it again and up popped a photo of a Rose hedgehog.

Heechul stared at her. She looked young still, however old enough to know what she was doing and the world around her. "Who is this?"

"The youngest of the hedgehog brats. Amelia Rose. She's grown up to be a fine hedgehog. And grown up she has, when I saw her in a battle, I didn't recognize her. Amy has a fiery spirit, a strong will and a," the doctor gagged," a heart of gold."

"If you hadn't gagged there I would have said that you were praising that girl. What do you have in mind?"

There was a small pause. The doctor rubbed his chin in thought. "Traits like that concoct pure chaos energy. You see..." He began. "That girl used to be stupid in love with the blue speedster, Sonic the Hedgehog. However, in time while spying on her, her loyalties changed. She became infatuated with the Ultimate Life form."

Heechul's eyes widened with surprise. "Shadow? But they're such contrasts!"

The doctor cackled and wiggled a finger. "Haven't you heard? Opposites attract. These two are very much opposites. And as luck would have it, he is also infatuated with her." The doctor nodded, pleased with himself.

Heechul sat in silence. Exactly what the doctor had in mind, he had no idea. The fact that he had searched for Heechul at all surprised him. He didn't know what part he played in this devious plan. And Heechul was sure as hell not going to ask a man who could very well turn him into a robot. All he could do was wait.