Chapter 4

Sonic sat with his arms crossed and a pout on his face. He was acting like a little kid, most of team Sonic thought. For a hedgehog who was near his twenty-fourth birthday, he still acted twelve.

"Sonic, you shouldn't be upset Shadow found clues and you didn't," Sally sighed. "Either way, who ever would have found it, it's one step closer to Amy."

Sonic's emerald eyes flickered over at Sally's tired face. Only then did Sonic stop pouting. "Sorry Sal. It's just that, I literally ransacked her house and he found those things."

"Proves you needed to be careful," Shadow interrupted. "I'm right here, Faker. It's not like my ears are plugged." He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Mr. Shadow, what did you find?" Cream asked. She peered at the objects that were laid out on the kitchen table.

"I'm not sure kid," Shadow replied, "but we're about to find out."

Sally reached out and grabbed the crystal rose locket. "Have you seen the inside of it?" She asked, looking at Shadow.

Shadow shook his head. "No. I was afraid of breaking it, so I left it as it was."

Sally nodded and proceeded to open up the small locket. "A picture of her with... A male... We've seen him before... Oh what is his name..."

Sonic leaned over her shoulder and took a look at it, practically shoving his face into her hands. His eyes widened to the size of saucers. "Scourge?! Why does she have a picture with him?!"

Rouge grabbed the book Shadow had found. "Her diary," she stated flatly. She sent an inquiring glance to the ebony hedgehog.

"What? It was locked so I didn't read it."

Rouge chuckled. "Not for long it won't," she licked her lips and cracked her fingers before setting to work.

Then Shadow grabbed the bigger book and opened it. "This is a new photo album."

Rouge, after a few seconds, broke the lock and opened her diary and began to read it to the gang.

"Dear Diary..."

"Hm Cliché." Knuckles said.

"Shut up," Sonic whispered, slapping his hand over the echidnas mouth.

"December 12, 2014...
Another day of running after Sonic. And...him running away from me. Another day of rejection. I have to let go of this non-sense. But how? Damn... I'm really upset with myself right now. Why won't it stay in my head that Sonic will never ever want to be with me? I need to grow up. Get a life. I know my parents certainly did not raise me to be like this. Till then, A. Rose."

"Wow Sonic, you sure made her feel welcome." Tails said, rolling his eyes. Then he looked over at Rouge."Is that all?"

"Nope. There's just..."

"December 31 2014/ Jan. 1 2015...
Happy New year! Sonic asked Sally out... I'm sort of sad but I'm happy for them. A push for me to move on and not always be "Sonic! Oh Sooonic!". A new year... A new beginning. Always. I haven't seen my brother since I came to Metropolis... Maybe I should go visit him sometime... That's if he would allow me to. Well... I have to go back to the party, 20 seconds till it is officially 2k15! I need to spend the last few seconds with my friends! Happy new year, A. Rose out!"

"She has a unique way of signing out."

Shadow looked over at the locket that Sally had. 'Could Scourge be the "brother" she was talking about?'

"Guys... Pages seem to be ripped out... But the last two pages are recent so... Let's see if they have anything." Rouge said before clearing her thoat to keep on reading.

"I'm packing my bags and I'm going to train and see my brother. I'm sort of excited, and sort of bummed out. I haven't been in much contact with the Sonic team lately and I would rather have it be that way. All I really am is a bother to them. Yes, I have my hammer, but I probably look like an idiot swinging it around when we fight Eggman. I've gotten just a little bit better. A bit. Not enough. Well, no more. So I have decided I am going to train. I don't know for how long... But I hope to come back someday and to continue to fight and be alongside with my friends. A. Rose."

"Amy has been missing since who knows when..." Sally mumbled, looking down at the locket. "And she's been feeling miserable too."

Shadow opened the album and it showed a family of five. A magenta hedgehog with quills that ran down to mid-back with warm honey eyes, and a dark green one, with ice blue eyes. The kids all different. A magenta one with a orange skirt... Looking much like the mother. Next a green hedgehog with scars on his abdomen, blue eyes like his father. The last hedgehog was pink, and had emerald eyes.

"Amy..." She looked so happy. Amy had stars in her eyes, so innocent. So young. Pure.

The next photo she was crying. Scourge was holding her while he stared at a car wreck. Blood was oozing from his cheek while Amy had scratches over her body.

Rouge, Sally and Cream gasped. "Her parents must have died in that car crash," Silver said, after hopping to get a look at the photos.

"We have to find Amy." Shadow said. "There's no time to waste."

"No dip, Shadow." Sonic growled, crossing his arms over his chest. "That's what I've been saying the last few hours!"

"Let's go find her!" Sally said, putting the locket down. But Shadow grabbed it and put it in his quills for safe keeping.

"Let's find Amy," Shadow said, 'let's go find my Rose.'