3. Hot Chocolate

Flashback

2016

Seoul Art High School, Seoul

Y/n pov

Jungguk's boyband, BTS debuted in early 2015. They tried to give their best but still, it was below expectations.

Later in 2015, they released another album. Unbelievably, the album managed to secure a position in top 50 albums of the year in Korea.

They were gaining popularity day by day.
I used to get information about him through a classmate who was getting trained under the same company as BTS. He used to tell me that the band frequently pulled all-nighters to cope up with extremely busy schedules.

Gguk was the youngest of his 6 other  bandmates . Rest of them had already finished their high school. So the youngest was working the hardest.

I could see his weight dropping down and dark circles covering the bottom of his eyes.

I tried talking to him about his work numerous times but he always used to give me his brightest bunny smile and jokingly say while raising his left brow, "Oh! my brave y/n is worried about me ha!? ".

This 'brave y/n' title used to erk me and he knew it very well. That was his secret weapon to distract me from the main point.

Basically, being in love with an introvert is a hard nut to crack.

Gguk never wanted to tell me how much he was suffering. I wanted him to open up. But forcing him to do something he wasn't comfortable with would have made him even more stiff. So I used to try my best to give him his space and time.

One day, a sleeping beauty was caught during maths class. I was trying to solve an algebric equation when our teacher shouted, " JEON JUNGGUK IT'S A MATHS CLASS NOT A NAP CLASS".

He was obviously startled by the sudden voice."GO OUT OF THE CLASS RIGHT NOW". And that's how he ended up standing outside for the whole lecture.

He was quite sad throughout the day. So he barely talked to me. I wanted to cheer him up. But... How?

Jungguk pov

I was not sad because of the punishment that I received. It was just because I wasn't able to give my best during dance practice that morning.

I really wanted to share everything with y/n. I wanted to break the ice. We had not really confessed anything but on the inside, we knew that we were not just friends.

Today I wanted to open up so as to settle everything between us. So I decided to take her out for a coffee.

The bell rang. All the students left and I could see y/n coming near me. "Are you okay Jungguk?" y/n asked in her sweetest voice.

I could feel my heart beating against my chest even harder. Her soft eyes were right into my bigger ones.

My lips parted to say something and that's when I received a call from our band's leader. "Excuse me y/n, I'll be back in a second" and she waited for me inside the class.