7. Your Wait Is Over, Y/nie

Jungguk pov

It was already 11:30 pm. I couldn't inform y/n about the preponed schedules that kept me busy throughout the day. I had to go live on social media because I wanted to thank our fandom for so many wishes and support.

An artists birthday isn't only his day. Emotions of millions of fans are also involved which can't be ignored. Afterall, the people who spend so much money and time on their artists deserve to be treated well.

My bandmates already knew about my plans with y/n that I couldn't execute. I wanted to take y/n out with me. I wanted to make it the most memorable day for us. "No, I can't let her down " I thought.

"Jungguk, do you know what time is it? Are you out of your mind! Paparazzi are all around the city. You will be risking our band's reputation by going out at this point of time" our leader said in a worried tone.

"I'm going with the driver and I will make sure to keep my face covered with mask and hat. I will be careful. Please trust me and let me go. If I don't go today, I will lose her forever!" I exclaimed while grabbing my black hat and mask.

"Let him go. We must trust him. We should not stop him. His personal life is also of the same importance as his professional life " the oldest member said to the leader.

" But stil- " the leader was cut by our manager. "It's okay, we must let him go. A bodyguard will also accompany him. And Jungguk, make sure to stay at her home. Don't go to any hotel or restaurant" he said to me.           

"Thankyou and I'll surely be very careful" I replied while rushing out of the house. I was holding a small white box with a red ribbon on top. Yeah, it was my y/nie's gift.

I wanted to wear a special jet black formal suit. But I had to wear all black baggy clothes so that nobody could notice me. Even my eyes were hardly visible because of that hat and mask.

But the only thing I had in my mind was to see my y/nie.

I got into the car. The bodyguard was sitting on the passenger seat with the driver. "Just make sure we reach there by 1:30 am" I said to the driver. "Yes sir" he replied.

Y/n was an extremely simple girl. Binging on ramen and hot chocolate with her man at home was her ideal date. Instead of emotional romantic movies, she preferred to watch comedy dramas amd animations with her boyfriend. The more I think about her details, the deeper I fall for her.

I had no idea how I would be handling her. She must be really upset. "Oh, I've not even texted her!" I remembered.

I grabbed my phone and texted her that I would be coming within an hour.
The 1.5 hours of journey seemed longer than the past 3 years. I literally wanted to fly to her room and apologise for being late.
On top of that, I wanted to see her cute chubby face and innocent eyes.

Finally at 1:35 am, the car stopped in front of her house. "Sir, shall I lead you ti-" I cut his words and told him to stay back in the car along with the driver. He had no choice but to agree to my words.

"Okay sir. But please call me if you need any help" he said. I simply nodded and got out of the car.

I was about to push the doorbell of her house when a gatekeeper bowed to me and said, "Sir, there is a power cut in the city so the doorbell isn't working. Umm... If I'm not mistaken then you must be Mr. Jeon Jungguk, am I right sir?" he asked politely.

"Yes, you are right" I said. "Oh welcome sir. Let me knock the door for you." He kept knocking the door but no one was answering.

"Let me make a phone call to her" I said to the gatekeeper who was still knocking the door. I called her 5 times but she wasn't picking up the phone.

I thought that she must be really upset that's why she wasn't answering my calls. The gatekeeper tried to press the doorknob. To our surprise, the door actually opened. She must have forgotten to lock the door.

I thanked the gatekeeper and went inside. There was complete darkness because of the power cut.

No sooner did I step on the threshold of her room than my eyes fell upon her angelic figure sitting on the floor beside a window. She was sleeping while hugging her knees and her head was resting against the wall. She looked very tired.

My heart was sinking. She must have waited for quite a long time. Being in relationship with a man like me who couldn't give her enough time wasn't a cakewalk. Not at all.

I could see her struggles. Her face was enough to tell me everything she went through in the past 3 years without me, waiting for me endlessly.

I wasn't even able to feel the tears rolling down my cheeks every now and then.

I felt even more ashamed of myself for making her wait for so long.

I wiped away my tears and slowly stepped towards her. I crouched down to her level. I slowly caressed her hair, tucking it behind her ear to have a better look at her chubby face.

"Y/nie... Y/nie...." I whispered into her ears.
"See, your Ggukie is here. Open your eyes..."

~~~~~

I'm very emotional rn. I wanted to release the finale along with this part but it would have exceeded 2000 words so I'll do it tomorrow.
And also, I'll tell you little bit about how I wrote this story.
If you liked this part, do comment and vote up.
Tomorrow's part will leave you in tears of happiness. So stay tuned
💕Thanyou💕