4.The Four Leaf Clover

"G-Gg-Gguk...!"

I grab my phone hastily and read...

💜Ggukie💜
Thankyou y/n
Our wait is going to be over soon. I promise. Don't cry too much or your face will turn red like a tomato. Love you my y/nie.
...

I rubbed my eyes to swipe away the lingering tears which were blurring my sight. I read it again. And again.

A dream? A hallucination? "No y/n, it can't be true, IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!" I closed the memory album and opened the drawer to keep it there when another thing caught my attention.

It was Gguk's four leaf clover in a sealed pack that fell from my album.

I was about to keep it along with our picture that he clicked just after he gifted it but when I looked at the picture... I couldn't control myself.

"Sorry Gguk but you are going to see my red face today" and the flashback begins.

Flashback

2017

Jungguk's popularity was soaring day by day, both nationally and internationally.

Because of the foreign concerts, he couldn't attend the school for 6 months.

We used to videocall after every concert. "Y/n, I wish to bring you here with me one day. I want to see my y/n face to face while performing on stage." My heart used to melt like anything while talking to him.

Our relationship was a secret for the world. One day, a picture of ours walking around in the school campus was leaked by a student. The student was caught and heavily fined by school and Gguk's company.

The company declined all the dating rumours by claiming that the picture was photoshopped. Nobody ever dared to do such a thing after that. But that incident actually scared me.

I thought that his company might force him to break up with me to save his career. "It's okay y/n, I'll handle everything" he reassured. Well, his voice was enough to comfort me.

Gguk was good at almost everything. But exceptions are always there. In his case, it was studies.

He came back to korea in early june. He knew that he would have to study all day and night to atleast pass the mid-terms. I was ever ready to help him.

Gguk was a student who couldn't sit at one place for even an hour to study. At that time he had to study for almost 8-9 hours a day. That was an ordeal.

He used to zone out frequently. More than him, I was scared that he would fail. I had to do something.

"Gguk, I think we should study in school library together. I'm afraid that you won't be able to pass with this pace."

He started whining,  "No y/nieeee!! I will study properly this time !"

"No Gguk! I don't want any arguments on this." He finally had to give in.

He somehow passed the mid-terms. It was a really hard task to make him study till finals. But he did as much as he could. Therefore he passed the finals with good scores.

After the last exam, we were sitting in the school cafe when Gguk asked out of the blue, " What kind of flowers do you like?"