8. We Are Together Forever

"Wake up, y/nie...."

Y/n pov

I was in a deep slumber when I noticed a familiar voice whispering into my ears. I slowly opened my eyes and mumbled, "Mhm... What... Who?" 

The moment I locked my eyes with the man, I lost my mind. Jungguk was caressing my face. In no time, tears started falling and I hugged him tightly. He engulfed me into his strong arms.

"Why did you make me wait so much for you, haa!? Do you know how much I missed you!?" I cried.

"I'm really sorry y/nie. I know you are upset. I am sorry for making you wait so much for me. But now that I'm here, you can cry as much as you want to in my embrace. You can laugh as much as you want. We will do everything you wanted to do since 3 years. I'm all yours" he said while pulling me in his lap, caressing my back. His cold fingers were running through my hair.

We stayed like that for the next few moments, moonlight being our only witness. He was rocking me back and forth like a baby. My heart felt comforted.

We slowly broke the hug and I said while smiling weakly, "Let's cut my Ggukie's birthday cake." 

"Can we cut it here? There's a power cut in the city so the lights are not working" he said. He read my mind or what? Cutting cake under the moonlight while sitting on the floor. What else can I wish for?

"We can't find a better place than this to cut the cake" I said while grabbing the cake and his gift from my bed and placing it carefully on the floor.

"Let me bring the matchstick" and I went to the kitchen. He unwrapped the cake and placed a candle on top of it. He was about to open his gift but I slapped his hand away.

"Hey! You can't open it before cutting the cake!" I exclaimed.
"Okay 'my brave y/n' !" he giggled.

His naughtiness hadn't decreased even a bit. "YA YOU PUNK! CALL ME BY THAT NAME ONE MORE TIME AND I WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!" I growled and slapped his shoulder. He kept giggling. "Okay, okay I'm sorry. Haha" he laughed and held his ears.

I lighted the candle. We took a picture of ours with the cake and then he blew the candle. "Happy birthday Ggukie~~~" I sang.

He cut a piece of cake and shoved the whole piece into my mouth. "AH AM I A MONSTER OR WHAT!?" I said but he couldn't understand because my mouth was already stuffed.

"Aww! I must feed my y/nie properly or her chubby cheeks will become saggy!" he joked while poking his fingers into my dimples. Then I cut a bigger piece and shoved into his mouth. "Ohhh!" he said while looking at me with a confused expression. "I should also return the favour!" I giggled.

"Now you can open this" I said while passing him the gift. He opened the gift and I could see his wide bunny smile.

"Oh! This is so beautiful y/nie! Thank you!" he exclaimed while wearing the watch. He pecked my forehead. I kept on blushing. Even his smallest love gesture made my heart flutter like anything.

He stood up and gave me his hand. "So, can I dance with my beautiful lady?" I grabbed his hand and nodded.

He played 'perfect' on his phone and kept it on the nightstand. He placed one hand on my waist while his other hand was holding mine. I placed my other hand on his shoulder. Our feet were swaying along with the music. He was looking straight into my eyes. I could see the same love and affection for me in his doe eyes.

I didn't want to keep my eyes off him for even a single moment. We were constantly smiling. I rested my head on his shoulder and we kept dancing along the music.

"Y/nie, did you miss me?" he mumbled. "Is that even a question?" I asked.

"I used to think about us a lot. I never doubted you. You've always been the best. But I used to doubt myself a lot. All this time, I used to think that I was not someone you would have loved to be with. My profession doesn't allow me to handle my personal life that well" he said in a low voice. I could see a sad smile on his face. His eyes were clearly wet.

I place my hand on his rosy lips. "But you are here with me tonight. You kept your promise. How can you say that you don't handle your personal life well? You are just perfect for me. I care not about the amount of time I spend with you but I want every moment to be special. That's all I wish for" I said.

By that time, I could feel my eyes getting wet and heavy again. The song had already ended.

"Let's sit here" he said and made me sit in his lap. His muscular arms were wrapped around me. We were adoring the moonlight with our smiley faces.

He searched for something in his pocket. He pulled out a white box with red ribbon on top of it.

"What's this Gguk?" I asked. "See it yourself" he said.

I unwrapped the box. My eyes widened at the sight. I looked at Gguk's face. My lips parted to say something but I found myself wordless.

There was a ring. A ring with four leaf clover shaped diamond lined by numerous pieces of green ruby.

He grabbed the ring and took my right hand into his. He put the ring on my finger and placed a soft kiss on my hand.

"I can't see you waiting like that for me. Now I want to see you every day and night. I want to make you mine, forever. Please marry me Lee y/n. I love you" he said.

Before I could say anything, he slowly turned my face towards him with his hand. With that, he pulled me into a passionate kiss.
I could feel his warm breath striking against my face. His left hand was holding my head and other was holding my chin softly. My hands were holding him by his broad shoulders.

We broke the kiss and looked at each other. With a shaky voice, I said, "I love you too, Gguk. I want to be yours forever" and I let some tears roll down.

We spent the whole night chitchatting about each other. I never thought that it would turn out to be the best day of my life.

"Let's take a picture" he said while grabbing his phone. My hand was on his chest and the ring was shining brightly in the darkness. My head was resting on his shoulder. One of his arms was wrapped around me. And that's when he clicked the photograph.

I don't remember when we drifted to sleep. But it was undoubtedly the most peaceful sleep I ever slept. I could have even waited for 30 years patiently for such a night.

Our hearts were finally comforted...

~~~~~

So that was the last part.
I wrote this story almost 2 weeks ago. But I edited every part just before publishing it here.
I never really tried something like this before. Thanks to my friends. Because if them, I wrote this story.
I hope you all enjoyed it
Tomorrow I'll release some more information about this story and another story which I'll publish afterwards.
❤️Thankyou for so much love and support❤️