thirty three

FIRST DATE

"does this constitute as a first date?" he asked, both of us lying down in hyde park, looking up at the sky, which by now was pitch black.

it was freezing cold, but with his jacket and scarf covering my legs, i was handling it just fine.

"a date? you're moving absolutely mental tonight," i say gently. i think the thought had been in the back of both our minds, the two of us just scared to say anything out loud.

that had been the main setback. what we had...was unique. it was special, and it was something we hadn't wanted to risk for anything.

but it was so obvious that there were feelings involved, and there had been for a while. so maybe now was a good time to talk about it.

"guess i had a new wave of confidence when you didn't run the opposite direction when you saw me," he replied sarcastically, rolling over so he was facing me.

"why the hell would i have run away?" i chuckled, also inching in slightly so i was facing him back.

"dunno...like you said, maybe the fantasy was better than the reality," he whispered.

"well i can assure you that the reality is amazing...if not better than the fantasy. i can't believe i'm this close to you," i say quietly, i'm not sure if he even heard me.

"you're close enough for me to do this now," he replies back, taking me by surprise when his hand cups my chin, before i know it his face is coming closer to mine.

i feel a slight warm pressure on my lips...he's kissing me, and i'm kissing back.

it's something that now, i realise i had wanted to do for a very long time.

you like him.

i lean back, barely able to hide the grin on my face, blushing delicately.

"yeah...i'd say this is a first date," i agree, bringing up his words from earlier, watching his expression change to one full of satisfaction.