twenty four

SIMON VS CAL

"oi! chuck us your phone," cal yelled, quickly chucking his over to me, barely even giving me time to react before it landed next to my arm, nearly smacking me in the face. 

"fucking hell, a bit of warning might've been nice," i replied, begrudgingly chucking mine back over. we'd created a kind of system, where we'd trade phones for five or so minutes, just taking photos on each other's phones. 

at least, that was what we were supposed to be doing. 

"cal, i'm done. chuck it back over," i say, not even looking up yet holding his phone out. "cal?" i repeat, looking up now, and to my horror he's staring intently at my phone and it looks like he's...typing?

"cal!" i shout, jumping off of the sofa, now waking up harry who's led next to me. i make my way over to cal, snatching the phone out of his hands. i look at the screen and almost feel like screaming when i see that the chat with talia is open. 

"you fucking prick, what did you send?" i ask, but not even waiting for a response before going back to the sofa, more interested in apologising to talia than hearing cal out. 

whilst she was typing i eventually look up at him. "you're a dickhead. we said no going into the phones. this was literally a trust thing and you broke it," i snapped. 

"fucking hell, man...chill out...i texted one bird, why're you getting so protective?"

"because i am! why do i have to answer to you?" i spat, going back into my conversation with talia. just texting her managed to lower my frustration, and within seconds i start to breathe at a normal pace again. 

"simon? earth to simon?" someone's words call out to me. it's harry. 

"fuck sake, what now?"

"look, get off your phone for a minute, tell her you're busy and let us sort this out quickly...we're stuck in this flat together for the night, i do not want to spend it in the middle of a bitch fight between you two," he said firmly. 

i said a quick goodbye to talia, shutting my phone off but keeping it close by. i didn't trust cal anymore. dickhead. 

"right, cal, you go first. come on!" harry edged, and it was easy to spot that he just wanted this sorted. 

"sorry simon," he said bluntly. 

"for?" harry added. 

"for snooping through your phone and texting someone i shouldn't have. i wouldn't have liked it to be done to me, so i shouldn't have done it to you. i'm sorry," he apologised, and it was sincere enough. 

"fine. i accept your apology. sorry for snapping so quickly...it's just a - private thing. and i'd prefer it if i didn't have to tell you guys about it, please? let's just forget it happened and have a good night," i pleaded, looking between the two of them. 

"deal," they both said, their attention both off of me now. 

i looked back at my lockscreen, and instead of a snapchat notification i had a normal text one. 

don't be mad at your friends. they just want you to be happy deep down (so do i). have a good night!! :))

she made everything better, all the time. and soon enough, i'd let her know it.