thirty two

IN REAL LIFE

i'd been on edge all night. me and my friend had finished eating dinner, and were now strolling through london. 

simon had text me an hour ago saying he was just arriving into central, but i hadn't seen him yet. 

would i even notice him? 

he'd be hard to miss. his face had been ingrained in my mind for weeks. months, even.

we just finished dinner :)

we're just walking around on oxford street

oh crap we're by there too

really??

i'm wearing a red beanie

i'm wearing all black idk i might be hard to spot

well hopefully you'll see me

i'm scared

we don't have to meet if you don't want to do this today

no!!! i do i really do i promise i'm just scared i'm not what you expect

you're everything and more talia

i can see you

oh my god

I CAN SEE YOU

red beanie???

SIMON

I'M LITERALLY OPPOSITE YOU

WHERE????

I CAN'T SEE YOU

I CAN SEE YOU STAY THERE!!!

i shut off my phone, racing towards him. it was his red beanie that stuck out to me...and oh my god he was so tall!!

he clocked me when i was around a metre or two away, and he readied himself for a hug, his arms open. it didn't matter to me that he was a stranger off of the internet, because right now his arms looked so inviting. 

i landed into his chest, his long arms wrapped around my neck, the two of us not wanting to let go. this was the product of months of talking - some would even say flirting, and it felt good. 

"talia! i can't even - is this? is this real?" he stuttered, pulling back a little to take a proper look at me. 

"you're so...tall!" i said, not really sure what else to say, because of the shock. i'd definitely regret that being my first words to him sooner or later...

we heard a little cough, the person stood behind him walking forward. from my...stalking of his friends, it looked like it was jj. wait! that was...ksi, right? the really famous one? 

"you must be talia...simon told me about you a grand total of ten minutes ago," he introduces, holding his hand out for me to shake. 

"jj, why are you shaking her hand?" simon asked, sharing an amused look with me before shaking his head. 

my friend too, appeared behind me, making herself known. 

"crap! holly, i'm sorry for running off," i apologised, looking at her sheepishly. 

"you're fine, you did warn me that you were meeting someone," she said cheerfully, introducing herself to the both of them. 

"hey holly, wanna grab a drink or something?" jj asked, very straightforwardly, if you asked me. 

my eyes widened, and i nearly let out a laugh...holly was not the spontaneous type. no way she'd go out for a drink with him...she was the type of person to be offended by someone asking that. in all honesty i was scared for jj...

"fuck it, sure!" she agreed. 

what?

"wait, seriously?" i asked, in fact feeling very surprised. 

"yeah! text me what you're doing tonight, and we'll meet up later. have fun you two," she said, wiggling her eyebrows towards me and simon. 

before i could say anything else her and jj were walking in the direction we had just come from, soon merged into the busy crowded street. 

"what the hell just happened?" i asked in bewilderment, looking over at simon who also looked very surprised. 

"i have absolutely no idea..." he said quietly, and he looked like he was about to start laughing. 

"well fuck, what do we do now?"

"i know a place..."