forty seven

SIMON.

"where'd she go? where's talia?" jj asked, storming back into my room.

i sat up in surprise. who the hell was talia and why did he keep repeating her name?

"who's talia?" i asked. probably for the hundredth time.

"the girl that i came in with a while ago! have you seen her?"

"what, mj?"

"who the fuck is mj? i'm not talking about a fucking nurse, i'm talking about a girl, the same age as me, brown hair...talia!"

"no one called talia has been in here, only a girl called mj, the girl who came in with you," i explained. it made so much sense to me in my head, what wasn't there to understand? why didn't he get it?

"simon i love you, man, but you're driving me up the fucking wall. you don't know what you're talking about, i'm sorry for even bothering you with this."

"you're not bothering me! but i promise there was a girl called mj here and she left like ten minutes ago. she was wearing a black coat, she was pretty," i added on.

it had only just hit me i hadn't asked her anything about herself...i hadn't asked why she was here, or where she was going...stupid simon!

"talia was wearing a black coat...are you absolutely sure you didn't misunderstand her?"

"i may have just had surgery, or whatever, but i'm not stupid. she definitely said mj, you know, like that girl from spider-man!"

"since when the hell have you watched spider-man?" he asked, looking freaked out.

i paused. i had no actual visible memory of watching spider-man, so how the hell did i know the name mj was correlated?

"i - i haven't," i stuttered, looking around in bewilderment. this was weird.

"right..." he said slowly. "i'm going to go and - er - get someone. i'll be back, alright man?" he asked, but not waiting for a response.

this felt weird. something was very off. maybe i just needed to sleep.

sleeping felt like the right decision.